Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Mage
Spec 1 : Fire
Spec 2 : Arcane

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
My name is Adam, 28 years of age and hailing from Northern Virginia. I have a steady dayjob delivering 421 families their mail six days a week, and I'm usually home by 5 at the latest.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
I was an officer in Mission Accomplished and was Raid Lead during Cataclysm. It was my first content patch calling the shots, and while I felt that I did perform well I felt that it wasn't something that I would want to continue to do. Another thing I miss from my previous raiding experience is 25-man raiding, so I had decided to step down and leave on good terms to pursue doing so.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I offer competitive performance with reliability and a calm demeanor throughout a fight. I do remember the days of being nervous as shit and letting fight mechanics slip by, but I've recently found myself being cool as a cucumber even during new fights and still performing at a top level which I am proud of. Another thing is I don't bring or start drama, but I do like to tease if I feel it is at an acceptable time and place - so watch out.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
Raid leadership is priority number one - the RL must be at the top of the optimistic ladder in order for the raid to succeed. Any pessimistic ideas about not being geared enough or not focusing 110% every night will hinder the raid's progress as a whole. Secondly, all raiders (no matter the rank) must take criticism if mistakes are made or performance is lacking - and take steps to correct the situation. If you are called out for taking too much corruption during Cho'Gall, know that you are putting others at risk due to your faults. And finally, which coincides next to my previous point - is that a raid is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I've played WoW off and on since beta, and starting serious raiding at the WotLK launch on the Firetree server. I took a few days off of work to rush to 80, and met a guild along the way that I felt performed at the same level that I was at. We crushed through Naxxramas, and I earned the Naxx/Maly/OS 25 achievement that rewarded the Black Proto Drake. Ulduar was released, and my guild went through Yogg-Saron in no time. We did plenty of hard modes - Hodir, Iron Council, Vezax, and a few others. Around this time I took another break from WoW to look for and purchase a house. Returned a year later in the middle of ICC, and helped MA kill LK in their 10-man. Did a few heroics in ICC, such as Marrowgar, DW, Gunship, Fester, and Rotface.
But when Cata was launched, I took control of the raid group and led MA to 12/12. To date, I have only killed three bosses on heroic: Halfus, Chim, and Atramedes. The last two was when I helped fill as a pug with Dark Aura, in my current guildless state.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
For some masochistic reason I really enjoyed Hard Mode General Vezax. As a caster and having limited mana, was actually a great exercise in optimization of a limited resource - as well as the randomness of avoiding shadow crashes and the snap movement of the Mark of the Faceless. My wand was used quite a bit.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Soulwax - 85 Feral Druid
Nerml - 85 Holy Priest
Mumblepeg - 85 Prot Warrior
Argento - 85 Ele Shaman
Zoofeet - 78 Prot Pally

Please provide a link to 1 or more World of Logs parses for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. If you do not have any parses please describe your DPS or healing "rotation" as best you can.:
I do not have any logs for Romeda lately, as I have been tanking for MA in group 2 on Soulwax the past two months. I have run with Dark Aura this week, so I could use Tbom and Buccavirus as a reference.

For arcane, its not about a rotation but about mana usage. At the start of the fight is usually a pop-everything-you-got and spam AB until about 35% mana remains (dont forget mana gem and arcane torrent if you have it) and use Evocation back to 100% and go into mana conservation phase using only a few arcane blasts and a combination of flame orb and arcane missiles. When evocation is about 15s from being usable, back to the spam to 35%.

Fire is fireball spam, keeping up living bomb and critical mass, and hot streak pyros when available. Also combustion on a large crit while lots of dots are up, and Impact on a multi-mob scenario.

Frost is similar to fire but without the dot portion (unless frostfire glyphed, which I dont). Frostbolt spam, deep freeze when possible (using water ele freeze if no charges of fingers are up), and burning excess fingers with ice lance and casting frostfire on brainfreeze procs.

We raid progression content Sunday through Wednesday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Mumblepeg
Initiate

re: APPROVED - App: Mumblepeg - by Sabriell

<3 this App.
More mages for Firelands!!!

Vite
Magey Poo
Vite
Raider

re: APPROVED - App: Mumblepeg - by Sabriell

Hi!

Great app, we like real responses.

We've been on a break, starting up again when 4.2 comes out. So, we're not entirely sure where we stand on what classes we'll be needing, depends on who comes back from hiatus. Can't really be specific on raid spots at the moment.

Cool with me if you want to join to hang out and see what happens, we should know after the first raid night or so after the patch hits.

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum