Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Shadow
Spec 2 : Shadow

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I am a stay at home mom with two children, both a girl and a boy. Both of which already know more then me.=)
I love the outdoors. My family and I take as many summer trips as we can with fishing and camping or just exploring places we've never been.
I am avoiding the age question because even on my death bed with the bags under my eyes hanging down to where my chin should be I will always be 27.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
On this server, on this toon, I've been in We Ankh In Fire for the most part. When that guild broke up I staggered a little bit, taking a break from the game. When I came back I was still in the guild but pretty much by myself. I tried a couple of small guilds to get back into the swing of things and in the end wasn't what I was looking for. I am not interested in killing a boss a week or if I'm lucky maybe two bosses. I want a raiding guild that I know I can log into the game and fight for that server first.
As to why I'm looking to change guilds, because I am used to progressive raiding and since the break up of We Ankh in Fire all I've found were guilds that sometimes have a RL and sometimes kill a boss. I am wanting to get back to the fighting for server firsts and the satisfaction of killing something with the guild that the guild has never done before.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I've raided for four years now, that's pretty much all I know. The break I took was the first in all those years. I will never miss a raid as long as I can help it. Emergencies exempt. I may not be the top dps but I will always be a solid member for the guild. I am always trying to find new ways to improve my toon with talking to others of my class and new add-ons that may help me count my timers better. I have worked hard to get all the rep gear that I can but am now at a point that I can not improve my gear without raiding.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
Several things come to mind at this question but there are a couple that really stand out. One is the mentality of the raid as a core. If the raid as a whole is quibbling over what way to do things due to a soft raid leader, as you will see in a lot of your pugs, then the raid members will take on their own direction because they feel they know best. Even one person not in line with the raid will have disastrous results.
Another is the drive of the core members. Without the drive for server firsts, the will to take the hours of wipes, then whats the point? You are stuck with a bunch of would be raiders that are there for gear bragging rights then the feeling it gives you to have done something that most have yet to even see.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I raided on my Shaman as my main in BC and most of Wrath. On that toon I completed: Kara, ZA, SSC, TK, Hijal and all but Illidan in BT. Only the first boss in SWP.
In Wrath, 10/25 Naxx, 10/25 Uld both normal and hard modes some server firsts, 10/25 TOC both normal and heroic. My 10 man group was the first to down a boss on reg, it was the only boss out at the time. I have "A Tribute to Insanity" dated 11/22/09. In ICC I have cleared all on 10/25 on both normal and heroic. I have "Bane of the Fallen King" completed 11/5/10. For 25 man I still need Heroic LK.
Cata raids, sadly I have only killed Halfus.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
I would have to say Mimiron in Uld on both normal and hard modes. I loved how that fight made you pay attention to what was going on around you and it really singled out the people that where just there for the ride.
And as much as I hate to admit it, but Yogg 1 light. To this day being totally over geared for it that fight is not about gear it's about stupid and that you can't fix with gear.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
I mostly play my Resto Shaman (Valicciea) she is Alliance. I have yet to decide where to take her so she is unused.

Please provide a link to 1 or more World of Logs parses for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. If you do not have any parses please describe your DPS or healing "rotation" as best you can.:
I do not have a parse to link. It's been a long time that I've raided. My rotation is Vamp Touch, Shadow Word Pain, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, when up, Mind Blast. At 25% I cast Shadow Word Death 2 times; hit points permitting. My rotation changes a lot due to trash or boss. Trash I use a lot of Mind Spike but as Mind Spike takes dots off the target I tend to stay away from it on boss fights and stick to a steady dot dps rotation.

We raid progression content Sunday through Wednesday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Mayjalie

re: APPROVED - App: Mayjalie - by Oricolawle

Great app. We like complete sentences.

Please log out in your PvE gear so our priests can take a look at you.

Sabriell
Officer

Good app - thank you for being concise and clear!

Spec looks fine in primary

I'd like to see your PvE gear and I'm curious about your rationale for the reforge on the Heavenly Breeze you recently got.
Luscien
Raider

I love the application, but we can't make any decision until we see your current gear - as stated previously. I'll check it later on to see if the Armory has updated with your raiding gear.

Oricolawle
Officer

re: Silly me

So I log on this morning and see me standing there in all my pvp glory and I /facepalm....
I have logged her on changed into pve gear and spec. I am a little below hit cap for raiding and am working on getting that last little bit of hit.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Mayjaie

I'd prefer closer to 17% but otherwise you look pretty good in terms of gear. I'd like to see what the other priests have to say before weighing in.

Oricolawle
Officer

I have played with May before both in We Ankh in Fire and in Lights out on different toons under different situations. Dependable, skillful, definitely someone you want to give a shot.

Talk with me in-game tonight or tomorrow evening. We're also on Ventrilo, and I'll get you the settings if you'd prefer talking in that manner. If you can't get hold of me, leave a message here or mail me in-game and we'll set up a time to talk.

Oricolawle
Officer

I just joined, (and I have nothing to do with recruitment) so may be completely out of line, but since I do play a S-Priest and I didn't see any other's comment I thought I'd throw a couple of things out there...

(My priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/muradin/zethani/advanced)

All in all, a great app Happy Just wanted to note a few things about gem/reforge choices...

Gems and reforging are a bit off.

Haste is SO MUCH more important than crit, all the reforged crit should have been haste or spirit (if still under hit cap, which I don't think she is).

Purified Demonseye and Reckless Ember Topaz for blue and yellow sockets, respectively, unless there is no need for the socket bonus (bonuses such as spirit or hit are not needed really), then Brilliant Inferno Ruby in all red sockets and any other sockets where bonus is not warranted. Enchants look pretty good.

Mastery is pretty worthless, so I can see why she reforged it, but...should be to haste (or spirit if under hit cap), rarely to crit (only if there is already haste on the piece and you don't need spirit).

A website I like (if you don't use Rawr or can't understand it) that helps a lot with optimizing gems, enchants and reforges is www.askmrrobot.com. Look up the Gear Optimizer. It's really simple to use.

Gear looks good though. I'd have not gone for so many "hit" items as spirit stacks better giving not only hit (1:1 with Twisted Faith) but also crit and mana regen.

Approved - in-guild now. Spoke with her about possibly bench-warming and all that good stuff.

Oricolawle
Officer

I commented... just never got an answer =)
Luscien
Raider

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum