Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Druid
Spec 1 : Balance
Spec 2 : Resto

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I'm 41. Female. I have a 16 year old son who thinks he's 25.... (Not really, he's a great kid!) I work for an industrial construction contractor as a Project Field Administrator, I love my work and the change of scenery that regularly comes with it. It is a regular "9-5" type job so I'm always home and on-line in the evenings (well...4 days a week 7-5, but same same).

I've been playing WoW since shortly before BC was released. I started playing video games in college on SNES, moved to other console games then to PC games. My first Blizzard game was Diablo (and I'm waiting very impatiently for D3 to release!!) then I moved to WoW and have been here ever since.

My Priest has always been my main and I moved her to Muradin with a friend. Her guild there only raids on Saturday and Sunday so I'm looking for a home for my Druid to fill in my weekdays.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
The druid was made at the end of WotLK. She just kinda hung out on Lothar in an Alliance guild doing not much of anything. She was always in DIAF, but they don't have the same focus as I do, at least not now that I want to raid on her. She is currently Alliance, but I'm not sure why cause I've always been Horde on every other toon (let me be a Troll Puhhleease!!)

My main, my Priest Zethani, has only been in a couple of guilds. In BC she was in <WE PWN THE NIGHT>, which was disbanded shortly after WotLK launched. I then made my own guild <Regimus Nox Noctis>. We were a fairly successful mid-level raiding guild, not top on the server, higher end of the middle...around 40th on our server with about 150ish guilds. When Cata launched we lost some players to RL and some to just not wanting to play anymore and rebuilding became too much with RL for myself. She is currently in <Tranquility> on Muradin, and she raids on weekends with them.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
With me you will get a smart player...both brain smart and ass smart. ;) I fit in best with groups that have a good sense of humor and "get" sarcasm. I know what it takes to be a successful raider and I do what I need to do to imporve where needed. I like cookies!! (Brownies will work too!)

And all the generic normal stuff...I never miss raids barring RL emergencies. If I'm not there you can bet something bad or really important came up. I'm always prepared, etc, etc...

I like to think I'm funny...at least I get laughed at alot. Happy

I'm always up for blowing up old raid content just for fun. And I might, if prodded really hard, do a BG or two...rarely, maybe.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
Good leadership is key, especially in 25's. Keeping everyone focused and on the same page. Everyone being at the top of their game and fully aware of what's going on. Proper research from EVERYONE on at least the basic mechanics of the fight is very important.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
Started raiding in BC with a small guild. We really only did Kara and what we could do in PuGs but it's where I "got my feet wet and became addicted to raiding" so to speak. In WotLK I ran my own raiding guild. We only did 10 mans. Our progression was:

Naxx, OS, Maly, VoA - All complete in 10, some complete in PuG 25's

Ulduar 10 - Thru General Vessex (never got Yogg, we lost some players around that time and got back in when ToC came out)

TotC - Complete
ToGC - 4/5

ICC - 12/12
ICC Heroic - 8/12

RS - complete (did not attempt Heroic)

Cata (having just found a guild for my Priest last week and just begun raiding):

3/12 with 5/12 experience (her name is Zethani - Muradin Horde)

My druid has done Magmaw and attempts on ODS.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
I like Maloriak. Takes a lot of awareness and everyone doing just the right thing, not a ton of room for error from what I can see.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Remí (alt 161) on Lothar Alliance.

I also play a Shadow Priest named Zethani on Muradin (she has the most raid experience but I won't be moving her...she is 3/12 with 5/12 experience and will have more this weekend.)

Please provide a link to 1 or more World of Logs parses for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. If you do not have any parses please describe your DPS or healing "rotation" as best you can.:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5s51xonf2auv2ltl/details/6/

Not a great one, but all I have. I kept the WoL myself and it's on my old guilds site, was actually with DIAF on Lothar, raid team 2 (with PuG's).

We raid progression content Sunday through Wednesday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

re: APPROVED - App: Raiyyn1 - by Oricolawle

Model Application. Approved.

edit: We are raiding tonight so it's up to you if you want to transfer. Can't guarantee you a spot, but you can get an invite. Feel free to contact myself (Sintax) or Galvinias tonight (after 7PM eastern) if you want to talk about any details.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Yay, a good applicant! I'll let the people in charge of actually recruiting look into more detail, but more ranged is always a good thing. That and you are able to type coherently, also a very good thing.

I always say this, but just about everyone can attest to it. Raid spot may not be available right away, but one almost always inevitably opens up. Just want you to be aware of that because of the whole requiring a faction change thing.

I'm looking to find a home and transfer on the 24th (next pay day!!!). But if you guys don't mind, I would like to make an alt on Horde and hang out with you for a few days to "get to know you" and maybe listen in on vent to your raids.

Would give you a chance to ask me anything else you need to know and me a chance to see what I'm getting myself into ;)

Thanks for the quick responses! Barring any emergencies I'll be making an alt tonight and sending one of you a /tell.
Raíyyn

MOAR DRUIDS.

Sabriell
Officer

Raiyyn1 wrote:
But if you guys don't mind, I would like to make an alt on Horde and hang out with you for a few days to "get to know you" and maybe listen in on vent to your raids.

Absolutely. Sounds good.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

OMG I always miss out on the best apps! But feel free to make an alt to come out with us in guild chat and vent. We need moar girls!

My only qualm is it seems you are going to keep raiding with your shadow priest? I have absolutely no problem with this, but we do raid on Sundays. So just wanted to clear that up.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

I'm not apart of the application process I just wanted to say welcome and I'm stunned.

Yes I will continue raiding on my S-Priest. Your requirements for attendance state 75%, and I can do that with no issue. I will be available 3 of the 4 nights you raid every week without fail.

Unfortunately, I have friends over there I just cannot leave. But they are not active enough to fill my time during the week.

But you never know...If I just really love you guys I may change my mind (but that may come with a change of main raiding toon...we'll see what happens, situations and needs change every day!).
Raíyyn

Well one of the things we've been toying with is the idea of reducing our schedule to 3-days a week both to alleviate the 4-days in a row of raiding and to help attendance as people get bored of the current content. Monday would most likely be the day we eliminate. However, this would only be temporary until Firelands comes out. Also, the 75% attendance is a guideline. We are not the gestapo and we have people who raid 1-2 days a week as well.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

That works perfectly! Any days you guys will be raidng Monday thru Friday I'm all over it...by choice of course.

I'm happy you're not the gestapo Happy
Raíyyn

Holy flaming balls of shit! We got a great applicant! Your gear looks pretty decent. Needs more epics - we'll shower you with those.

Uhh, what else. I'm with Gwen, how come we both miss the best ones? Thanks for applying. We should sticky this application so people use it as a reference on how to apply properly.

Oricolawle
Officer

Sabriell wrote:
MOAR DRUIDS.

What she said.

Also, you must be able to perform in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCMjcsJHRIk

Welcome :D

Change into bear for and dance...

I'm ALL OVER THAT!! Happy
Raíyyn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum