View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

re: Rift Beta/Retail

Open Beta (Beta7) start tomorrow (2/15) at 10:00am PST. For anyone interested in playing Galv and I will be playing it. We also both preordered it, so we will be playing it starting on the 24th.

If anyone else is interested in playing it post here and I will let you all know which server we roll on and our character names.

For those who haven't heard much about Rift i'd suggest you give it a try. I generally don't like a wide number of games, but Rift was extremely likable from the get go. Graphics are pretty amazing and the story line is actually interesting.

Long term playability is still up in the air but at least for a month or 2 it should help fill some of my boredom when WoW just isn't cutting it.
Valran1828
Raider

Yeah I am also planning on playing Rift and it was just a blast to play. Do either of you ahve an idea fo what your going to be playing as?
Malor23
Casual

Healing Cleric

Marksman Rogue
Valran1828
Raider

After reading up on it, I may give this a try when it comes out. You can probably guess which class I'll try first.
Gaius of Lothar
Officer

Interesting, I like that they have quite a few different classes to choose from. But the major question is...which side will you be on? Because I don't want to play a pansy-assed Guardian :P

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

Guardian. They are "the horde" of this game it seems =P

Haven't really decided 100% though

Race's are a bit nicer on Guardian...

Honestly it doesn't have the back lore like WoW did, so i have absolutely no preference which "faction" we role on.

I have been playing all Guardian at this point....we'll just have to collectively decide which side we want to role.
Valran1828
Raider

There is no way that the "Guardian" are the horde of this game. I read the description of both sides.

One is the holy, like omg the gods will save us, we just have to do awesomely good things!
Quote:
The Guardians are the chosen of Telara’s gods, the Vigil. After the tyrant Aedraxis called forth power from the Plane of Death and devastated Telara, the Vigil chose the greatest souls who fell that day to be harbingers of the next era. A golden age awaits, but Telara must first be saved — by deed, by example, and by the sword. Its people must be redeemed, its corruptors purged, before the world can truly be safe.

And the other, they are technologically advanced and think that blowing shit up to stop whatever is coming, is the answer.
Quote:
The Defiant do not care whether the gods abandoned the world or not. To them, this entire planar convergence disaster is the gods' fault in the first place. Indeed, as soon as things went from bad to worse, the gods suddenly and inexplicably disappeared. So while the Guardians run around Telara building temples, sticking their noses in everyone's business, and desperately praying for a miracle, the Defiant plan on actually delivering one, even if it means being branded as heretics and operating outside the laws of the land.

Quote:
While some Defiants might reluctantly acknowledge that their methods are dangerous, potentially posing risks to the integrity of the world, they will be quick to point out that the world seems to be ending anyway, so everything is worth the risk. Besides, if the world is destroyed, who will be around to complain about it?

I rest my case. :P

I personally like the "Defiant" better, their races look much more interesting to me. But in all reality, it doesn't matter. I'll go with whatever everyone else is.

I really like the Blade Dancer and Justicar.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

I downloaded it this morning and fiddled around with the character customization. Which I have to say, I LOVE. I know it's a minor part of the game, and you will only do it once per character. But being able to truly control how your character looks, I think, is important.

And yes I still like the Defiant's races :P. Their girls have SO much better hair styles. What server are you guys on?

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

I am playing on Gnarlwood but right now all the servers they have I believe are all west coast, so hoping this changes once the release hits. That is unless I just haven't been looking hard enough.
Malor23
Casual

randomfail on gnarlwood server. Guardian Rogue/Marksman/Sabotour

Randomfail
Raider

I'll go to Gnarlwood as well. Either Gwenevieve or Epinephrine. Not certain what class yet though :P

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

Went Defiant on my guy, I made a new one this morning. The name is Doomblade and it is a shaman which isn't bad at the moment.
Malor23
Casual

I'm Morghane on Gnarlwood: Beastmaster Warrior on Defiance.

Last edited by Morghane on 2011/02/16 22:46; edited 1 time in total
Morghane

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum