View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Proof Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing.

So, a hotfix was applied over the weekend:

# Beacon of Light no longer triggers from Light of Dawn.

Which, for my non paladin friends is a GIGANTIC nerf. Light of Dawn is our 31 point talent, the flashlight looking aoe heal. Uses holy power, doesn't heal for that much per person. The only reason it was useful was because each hit transferred to the beacon target. Without that, there's no reason to cast it, and our holy power would be better spent on our only other holy power using ability- Word of Glory, which is a single target heal. Of course there was a lot of QQing on the forums, and many people speccing out of their 31 point talent. Especially since it was specifically stated that LoD was supposed to trigger beacon a few months ago, and that it was working as intended. Also, Holy Radiance (our other aoe healing spell) just got stealth nerfed, and mana costs on our 3 main heals were increased by 10%. Light of Dawn itself was also nerfed and had it's healing reduced awhile back as well.

And now, last night, we get this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065788305?page=15#282

"The hotfix note correctly describes what an attempt to fix a bug ended up changing, which was not actually the original intent. We're reverting the hotfix until we can fix the bug without causing Light of Dawn to no longer trigger Beacon."

So...they tried to hotfix something else (not in the notes) and broke Light of Dawn. Which I personally think is complete bullshit, they nerfed LoD and didn't realize the effect it would have on paladin healing, and are now taking it back like they should.

Smart.

Sabriell
Officer

I think Blizzard just doesn't know what to do with Paladins. Ret was total and utter shit, until this patch (when was the last time anyone saw a ret paladin raiding?). Holy was slightly overpowered, but only the slightest bit.

So why in the world would they change LoH AND LoD so it doesn't effect Beaconed targets? Then make us use more mana to cast our already expensive spells, and then nerf one of our only good AoE heals?? Bunch of BS! Paladins are more efficient tank healers, so it boggles my mind why they would take away from that.

It's pretty disgusting how they are essentially making every class the same. Oh spells are named differently, and have slightly different functions...but they are virtually the same. Soon everyone will be able to do the same damn thing, and the only difference is how your gear looks.

Sorry, rant over.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

Well everyone already knew that Blizzard has no real idea what they are doing anymore. They say one thing then go do another, and if a certain group whines enough about a spec, spell or a class they change it more (pvpers come to mind).
Malor23
Casual

True story. It just confirms that this is my last expansion. I already have to make myself come to raid, and arena just isn't fun.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: