Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: volkanic

The application submitted by volkanic is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Volkanic
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Tauren
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Fury
Spec 2 : Arms

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
well im 27 years of age and just recently moved down too NC as well as landing a new job

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
well my previous guilds i was in ender and from ender i moved to tyranny just rite befor they left the server quote only did ten mans with tyranny and from there im currently in Tornado of souls and now applying for Judgement

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
well what i can bring to the table for judgement is consistantcy,what i mean by that is not just attendance but time effert,willing to learn new things and download the neccesary addon's that are requared for raiding witch in this case i have most.being a team player and understanding the fact that if needed to be sat out for certain fights its NOT!! being singled out as a bad guy,or bad player but only to archieve!! guild proggression and understanding that during certain fights aka boss battles range or melee may need to be switch out. im a DRAMA FREE!! person i dont like to argue,im good at taking orders as well as having fun and getting too know folks.im also understanding and reliable and a deddicated team player

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
number 1 will be i say listening and following direction's and 2 working together as a team and paying attention on whats going on

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
ive done hardmodes with ender thats when uldaur came out ive done flamelev as well as xt, hordir, fraya, mim,yogg,jeneral,auriya,kologarn, ive done call of the grand crusade 10 toc never had a good group to do 25 hardmode toc ive done hardmode marrowgar,lady death whisper.heroic gun witch eevrybody does ah,heroic saurfang but never defeaded him came close,rot face and fester,blood coucil blood queen,heroic valith. and thaundts just about it but for the most part i do know most hardmodes

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
i say uldaur hardmode mimron fire fight. that fight there was intense as well as CRAZY and FUN!! that fight there its..just so much going on fire missles.mines on the floor shock wave blast barage attack fire all over the place.adds coming out. a fight were you need everybody to be on point most peaple cant even get that archievement with current tier ten gear witch is sad seriously and for the most part its not just gear that plays a big part its skill and knowing the fight but overall that fight there was one of my FAVERATES and still is :)

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
well i play with savagevolk thats my deathknight hes also dps yeah started playing with him again when blizz made frost straight deeps now hes also a lvl80 full tier ten

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=Lothar&character=Volkanic

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

volkanic

re: DECLINED - App: volkanic - by Gwenevieve

For the love of all that is holy, learn to use proper grammar and spellcheck! This app was beyond horrible to read. A few mistakes are fine, but not a clusterfuck as you have demonstrated.

Aside from that, we really don't have room for anyone atm. Spots may open up after Cata hits, but I wouldn't count on that. Unless someone from guild will vouch for you, we will pass at this time. Thank you and best of luck.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

re: Re: App: volkanic

Oh my. I couldn't help myself.

This is one of the best applications we've had in a LONG time! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It should probably be pinned as another example of what not to do.

volkanic wrote:
well what i can bring to the table for judgement is consistantcy,what i mean by that is not just attendance but time effert,willing to learn new things and download the neccesary addon's that are requared for raiding witch in this case i have most.being a team player and understanding the fact that if needed to be sat out for certain fights its NOT!! being singled out as a bad guy,or bad player but only to archieve!!

Time-effert, requared addon's, and archieving something (not sure what he was getting at) really make this "paragraph" the best in the application.

volkanic wrote:
ive done hardmodes with ender thats when uldaur came out ive done flamelev as well as xt, hordir, fraya, mim,yogg,jeneral,auriya,kologarn, ive done call of the grand crusade 10 toc never had a good group to do 25 hardmode toc ive done hardmode marrowgar,lady death whisper.heroic gun witch eevrybody does ah,heroic saurfang but never defeaded him came close,rot face and fester,blood coucil blood queen,heroic valith. and thaundts just about it but for the most part i do know most hardmodes

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

I remember hard-mode Jeneral and Flamelev in Uldaur. Before I quit raiding I also came close to defeaded Saurfang, but thaundts neither here nor there.

volkanic wrote:
i say uldaur hardmode mimron fire fight. that fight there was intense as well as CRAZY and FUN!! that fight there its..just so much going on fire missles.mines on the floor shock wave blast barage attack fire all over the place.adds coming out. a fight were you need everybody to be on point most peaple cant even get that archievement with current tier ten gear witch is sad seriously and for the most part its not just gear that plays a big part its skill and knowing the fight but overall that fight there was one of my FAVERATES and still is Happy

Yeah. Too soon.

See, I first read the second sentence as: "That fight, there was intense, as well as crazy and fun!" Then I realized he was trying to say, "That fight there..." Perhaps a thick'ole southern drawl? You seen that fight there? Not quite as funny, unfortunately.

The random periods (and unforgivably abysmal lack of commas) littered throughout the list of "Mimrons" abilities, however, IS quite funny.

What exactly is going ON the fire missiles? Actually, wait a minute. Fire missiles? I see. That must be like his shock-wave blast-barrage attack! That's my faverate ability by far.

And yes, some peaple (which I pronounce like Snapple® for fun) ARE still having trouble with the archievement (note: twice).

volkanic wrote:
well i play with savagevolk thats my deathknight hes also dps yeah started playing with him again when blizz made frost straight deeps now hes also a lvl80 full tier ten

Something like this would have been great:

An actually intelligent and well-spoken Volkanic wrote:
Well, I play with my DPS deathknight Savagevolk. Yeah. I started playing him again when Blizzard made frost a straight DPS spec. Now he's level 80 and in full tier-ten.

Love it!

re: Re: App: volkanic

Scragg has spent about twice in writing his response as the applicant did paying attention in ENGRISH 101 class...*sigh at how utterly terrible this was.

As an aside, I appreciate the "blunder-by-blunder" (similar to play-by-play) commentating I got from your post Scragg. Most fun I've had reading an application in....well, forever!
Valran1828
Raider

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: