Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Futang

The application submitted by Futang is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Fûtang
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Mage
Spec 1 : Arcane
Spec 2 : Fire

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I am 29 years old and currently back in college going for a bachelor's degree in Software engineering. I quit my job as an accountant for a local YMCA because I was tired of crunching numbers, and now have a crap job while I pursue my degree.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
On Lothar I was previously in Nemesis until they decided to transfer, and am still a member of Bacardi who recently also decided to leave the server. On my previous server Skullcrusher I was a member of a couple of guilds all in the top 10 of guilds on the server.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I am a laid back player who has no problem with taking direction or taking smaller roles to contribute to the guild's success. I put the guild's needs before my own, and I don't meter read as I feel it leads to bad habits being to concerned with one's dps.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
Teamwork and improvisation. Teamwork is obvious with all the coordination of the fights in ICC. Improvisation is key also because in order to overcome freak spawns or fellow raid members dying a guild has to have the ability to overcome changes when everything doesn't go according to plan. Just because one or two people die during a fight should not mean a wipe.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I have been raiding since BC, back when I actually had to sheep stuff. In WOTLK I have cleared all the way up to ICC. In ICC 25 I am 12/12 Normal, and 9/12 heroic with on Professor, Sindragosa, and Lich King to down. Oddly enough in ICC 10 man not nearly as progressed. I have downed Halion in RS just not in heroic yet.

Here is a link to my armory for my toon and my achievements:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=F%C3%BBtang

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
So far my favorite encounter is prolly Sindragosa. I like different fight mechanics and that fight has always been unique and enjoyable to me.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Fütang-Shaman; Futañg-Death knight; Neçrosis-Shadow Priest. I assume people know how to do the funky letters if not the funky u in ym mage's name is accomplished by going to your character map in the start menu -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> Character map. Or you can simply type it in by holding the ALT key then on your number pad hitting 0251. My other toons funky letters are 0252 for the shaman; 0241 for the death knight; and 0231 for the priest.

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2wh6bxx2fdwqxdga/#
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2wh6bxx2fdwqxdga/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vwm5098mgkbpxsux/#

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Futang

re: DECLINED - App: Futang - by Oricolawle

From just your app alone, you seem like a very good addition to the guild. Your dps is good; however, I have some questions about your gear.

1. You are playing arcane, but only have 800 haste, why?
2. Why in the world do you have 400 hit??

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

Ugh. Tempted to pass based on the funky characters alone. Good application, though - one of the main things we're looking at right now, besides gear and whatnot, is attendance. If you say you're committing to 75% or more raids, will you be there for the time specified? If not, will you at least let us know what you're planning so we can adjust our plans accordingly?

I don't see any reason to pass, unless Gwen thinks otherwise.

Oricolawle
Officer

I have way too much hit b/c with Bacardi I had to take whatever gear I could get and that is what I had to settle for. I am in my Arc spec b/c that is what is better to run randoms with, my first love is fire and I am gemmed to support both specs ATM. If asked I will run arc and gem for it straight up. Sorry about the characters in my names, my uncharactered name was taken on Lothar and this has been my handle in internet gaming since 2001. As for raid attendance, I will be there wherever and whenever needed. I may have to work an occasional late shift but nothing more than once in a great while. Sorry about the latness of the reply, I am used to be contacted in game about apps and was stupid. Any other questions, please feel free to ask in game or on here.

Futang
Futang

Okay since your hit and haste issues are cleared up, I would like to set up a vent interview. Just to get to know you better, and make certain you are a good fit for the guild. Whisper myself or Oric in game when you are free for it. Or I'll whisper you in game :P.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

I am cool with that, and look forward to it. I might not be on a lot tonight as I have friends coming in from out of town, but I will be on tomorrow.

Futang
Futang

Change of plans, I will be on tonight and might not be tomorrow night. My friends were delayed at an airport and won't be getting in till late tonight.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Ok I don't know if I am just coming on at the wrong times or if I am just missing people, but I am still interested in joining Judgement. I am ok with anytime for a meet on vent in you are still interested. Just /who Fight Club as that is my alt guild. I am not dumb enough to interrupt your ICC run, so I hope to hear from you soon.

Futang
Futang

You can message me or Gwen at any time we're on, don't fret about it.

Oricolawle
Officer

Don't worry about messaging us if you see us in ICC. I've been on my alts lately, but I did add your alts to my friends list. My characters are: Serotonin, Epinephrin and Tinkerballa. Those are the ones you will find me on.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

I haven't been on to check this in a while. Has he been accepted yet or, if not, what are we waiting for?

Oricolawle
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: