Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Oshgosh1

The application submitted by Oshgosh1 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Oshgosh
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Unholy
Spec 2 : Frost

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I'm 36 and I'm a Software Engineer.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
I've been in Hallucinations for the last few years. I'm looking for a new home because the guild has all but disbanded. A few of my raiding guildies have joined Judgement recently which they have recommended to me as a new home.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I am constant in a game that fails from inconsistency amongst players in regards to attendance and raid performance. I don't bitch and moan about DKP/Loot distribution and most importantly I play my toon seriously and stay on top of changes to optimize my personal performance. I also maintain a tanking Off-Spec which comes in handy on those nights where you find your just one tank short. =)

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
I've been raiding since Molten Core(MC) and hitting everything in between up to most recently Sindragosa ICC25. Successful boss kills have always come from the nights where everyone was focused on raid overall performance oppose to personal performance and DPS meters, raid synergy. The importance of every individual knowing the encounters so they can be proactive instead of reactive also doesn't hurt. Knowledge is key.

I just read your attendance check at the bottom but there is no room to explain my answer. 7:15 is pretty early so I won't be able to contribute much at that time, I'm more of a late night kinda person. I wouldn't realistically get on until 8:30-ish so I can be a late sub when needed which can help out from time to time.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
Oshgosh took over as my main a year-ish ago so older content was on my previous main of 3 years which is a Warlock. I've raided everything in Northrend mostly 25m but a lot in 10m as well. A quick check of the http://www.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Oshgosh&gn=Hallucination should provide you enough information. Hard modes were typically something that my previous guild usually fell short of.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
Hmmm... Its hard to say since most boss kills took so many weeks/Months of attempts to win. They all start out fun so it would be hard to pick, but by the end I'm not sure if I ever walked away with a favorite =). If I had to pick one, I'd say Putricide because it always feels like you've accomplished something when he dies each time.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Sinder lvl 80 Paladin (DPS/Healz)
Toxin lvl 80 Rogue
Pixil lvl 80 Warlock

I'm usually on one or the other.

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Oshgosh&gn=Hallucination

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
No

Oshgosh1

re: DECLINED - App: Oshgosh1 - by Sabriell

I found some logs that our GM uploaded, thought he had stopped all that once he decided that he was a Starcraft 2 player now, but at any rate here is one you can probably find some more if you need:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-79kf4zx7khej594y/sum/damageDone/

Also, about the attendance again since that's probably a pretty important topic, I said no to 75% because I'm not sure when you take attendance roll call if its @7:15 then no I'll not make it, but if its later in the evening then I'll make it. The start time is the only issue not the days.

-Osh
Oshgosh1

Your attendance would be an issue, we do take attendance at 7:15 and do pulls at 7:30. Spots only open up if people ended up having to leave early.

Other than that, your dps is pretty low and inconsistent on most of the fights I found. Unless you were able to provide some higher dps links, I think we'll have to pass at this moment.

Sabriell
Officer

Yeah I thought the attendance would be an issue and was okay with being a sub when people have to roll out.

Our logs go back a lot, but I randomly picked one from March here it is:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y2m48plojjhvgm3q/sum/damageDone/

There seems to be plenty if you wanted to browse through the different months. I do tend to be more of a "safe" raider not willing to make mistakes due to being glued to a damage meter, ya know the ones, "Don't stand in that", "Get out of the melee", "Run to the outside", "Pull your spore out of melee", "Kite that thing over there", "DPS the spores" I work hard on not being that guy and rarely make silly mistakes in regards to mechanics. Also, keep in mind that there will a bunch of parses where I am tanking in ICC or at least OT'n with some combo of gear and spec variation.

At any rate, thanks for replying.

-Osh

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

I appreciate the response. The thing is, we have a lot of dps that are great about following directions and being situationally aware, but they can also pull much bigger numbers. For example, the parse you linked from Marrowgar, you're at 5443 eDPS. Our Heroic Marrowgar kill this week was about the same length in overall time. On Heroic, there is less time to dps the boss, longer bonestorms, bonespikes in bonestorms, longer fires, and generally more stuff to move out of. 5443 dps would be dead last for us, with the top 9 people being over 9k edps. On normal, I'd expect every single person in our raid to be above 9k, with the majority over 10k.

If you were able to get your dps consistently in the 8, 9k+ range, I'd be happy to reconsider. Thanks for applying.

Sabriell
Officer

No worries, thanks for the look. Take care and good luck in the future =)

-Osh

I did find this one from Fester, I guess all the moons were aligned:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2p5et0obxfln3xau/sum/damageDone/?s=1854&e=2099

-Take care.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: