Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: ChooChBear

The application submitted by ChooChBear is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Choochoobear
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Tauren
Class : Shaman
Spec 1 : Elemental

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I am a 22 yr old male, I work for the NG. My interests include anime, video games, and books.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
Hallucination is the only raiding guild I have been in, and the reason I am looking to leave is it has lost too many members already to raid.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
To offer something to a raiding guild other than being a good player is kinda debatable. But the main thing I can say here is I always show up with a good attitude. I don't get frustrated and upset just cause we wiped on a boss we have killed 10 plus times due to someones mistake. I don't hate my fellow guildies who left to other guilds to move up just one boss. I keep a easy to like happy atmosphere that anyone who knows me can vouch for.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
Raid success is completely about communication, if everyone understands whats going on and where then need to be when and why the fight becomes very easy. Once communication is perfect they must wipe on the encounter. Learning every mistake the hard way, till it becomes ingrained. So in list format.
Communicate, Wipe, Beat boss.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I started raiding in wotlk, so my raiding experience amounts to Naxx, and I had a work related hiatus during ulduar so I never seen much of it, TOC and ICC. In truth Hallu was never in my experience up to hardmodes, so the only ones I have done were on my own time in 10 man groups. And there are only a few of them in toc that I actually have done.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
My absolute favorite raid encounter is ony 25 specifically with a pug. I love the hectic feel, and seeing people get owned by her. Then after the wipe I explain the mistakes people made, and we try again and fail 9/10. But sometimes people learn and then they are the better for it. Plus she is a huge flying dragon which has to be worth something.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
I have only one alt I play name of Melganim, a warrior tank.

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
At the time of this posting world of logs seems to be down but I had these links.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5p7rw4bgknh5scxd/details/1/?s=4813&e=5113 Festergut for a pure dps show. And I wanna say that fight was interesting to say the least, because I believe that is a record from when we were with only 23 people though I could be wrong.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2p5et0obxfln3xau/details/1/?s=4836&e=5340 And a professor fight to show a moving fight for me.

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

ChooChBear
Raider

re: APPROVED - App: ChooChBear - by Sabriell

Only thing that seems out of place to me is that on the parse you linked, your Deathwhisper DPS and uptime were pretty low. My base of comparison being our ele shaman (who also drops wrath), doing 4k more dps and almost 20% more uptime. Granted, our fight is about half the time of yours, but still. Any particular reason you can think of that you would be low on that fight?

Sabriell
Officer

I honestly cant say why my dps would be that much lower, I still cant get the world of logs website to come up to spend a couple hours looking at what he does as compared to me. But my guesses could be a) I was dead for some reason for part of it. b) maybe we were all holding dps for example professor putricide being at 40% and not wanting to go into phase 3 with a slime up. c) you mention lady deathwhisper maybe I spent some of my time chasing deformed fanatics around. d) another possibility that doesn't make up for 4k dps but it does make for some is we were often raiding without a 3% hit buff in the raid, and though my gear to some degree reflects that now at that time I may have bee shy the full 3%.
ChooChBear
Raider

Get in touch with me in game when you can. I'd be on either Sabriella, Sabrielle, or Mullo.

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: