Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Karraka

The application submitted by Karraka is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Karaka
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Grizzly Hills
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Orc
Class : Hunter
Spec 1 : Marks
Spec 2 : Beast

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I am 30 years old and work at home on the west coast for an east coast based life sciences software company. Mostly this means I design software for cancer researchers.

I am married and my wife works a ton of hours. Hence my time for WOW raiding.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
I am currently a member of Supremacy on Grizzly Hills. Our server has a very small horde population which makes recruiting a challenge. We currently are having a hard time raiding 25 mans more than 1 night a week. Usually we are able to clear 7 ICC bosses in that time, but it is hard to progress with so little time to work on new content.

My guild is transferring off the server and I am considering not going with them largely because of raid times. I really like the people, but they raid weekends and tend to go past my ideal end time.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
1. A Hunters main job is doing damage, and I do that well. On the last ICC 25 man run my current guild did I put up the following numbers:
Marrowgar: 9121dps
Deathwhisper: 9244dps (while on add duty)
Saurfang: 8745dps (again while on add duty)
Festergut: 9559dps
Rotface: 9389dps

Here is a link to the worldoflogs report for this raid:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hizimtutpv7ieuwd/sum/damageDone/?s=3707&e=4003

2. I can put up those numbers without taking unneeded damage, misdirecting the tank, etc etc

3. I follow my class and know what should be done to optimize performance and I am happy to help out other hunters learn and improve. I read elitist jerks and a few hunter blogs daily and can change as needed.

4. Because I work at home for an east coast company your raid times are perfect for me. You start when my coworkers are done for the day, and you end right before my wife wants to make dinner.

5. I respect other people's time. I show up on 15 minutes early, with needed items, at the zone entrance ready to go. I do not go AFK unannounced, and when I need to go AFK I try to time it with trash pulls so the raid is not slowed down.

6. I am thick skinned, I expect to be ridiculed if I do something dumb. I am also happy to dish it out to those who can take it as well. Happy

7. I research new encounters. In my current guild I am often the guy that has watched the videos on tankspot and tells people what to expect.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
1. Teamwork. People need to know that every encounter has a role, and you need to be flexible to fill whatever role is needed. Most dps classes just want to light up the meters, but that isn't always your job.

2. A strong leader. Someone needs to be in charge. Too many cooks in the kitchen leads to a frustrating raid experience.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I did not raid much in ulduar and I am not the type of person who feels the need to go back and complete old content for achievements. I go when people who want their drakes need my help, but never make a point to do so.

Since TOC was released I have been in the #1 Horde guild on my server and am the top dps in that guild. I was in the first group to get all TOGC 10 achievements and what limited TOGC 25

On the current content my 10 man is at 10/12 right now after 1 night this week, and will probably get #11 tomorrow night. On 25 man we are 7/12 and have a few of the easy achievements such as "Orb Whisperer"

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
I tend to like the more complicated encounters as I feel they really separate the good from the great. It is pretty easy to do high DPS on Festergut and Rotface, because of the limited movement involved. It takes significantly more skill to maintain dps on movement intensive fights. In TOC my favorite fight was probably Twins. It was a well designed gimmick that was fun to execute. In ICC, so far it is probably Professor Putricide.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
If you want to talk to me on Grizzly Hills, all of my names are close spellings of Karaka in Supremacy. Kyraka, Akarak (Karaka backwards), Karraka. I often leave wow open all day just for guild chat since I work at home. So if I don't answer right away I am probably on a conference call or something.

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hizimtutpv7ieuwd/sum/damageDone/?s=3707&e=4003

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Taïpan
Moneybags

re: DECLINED - App: Karraka - by syntax53

I love you!!!! Best app I've seen in a long ass time! I'm going to reread it for fun!
Zenyatta25

Now THIS is an Application!

This is what I'm talkin' about!

Can't be that good, in reading it over now I stopped typing in mid sentence once.... brain must not connect to fingers well tonight.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Karraka

Very nice App and very nice gear/dps. Only issue that I can see is the fact that we have 3 raiding hunters (2MM 1SV) that always show up and spots are very tight at the moment. Hopefully an officer will see this soon and give you a response.

Randomfail
Raider

Yea, what he said. While I think you would be a great fit in our guild, I assume you are looking for a somewhat immediate raiding position. We have 3 hunters that are also very good and make just about every raid. You would be behind about 4 others also waiting for a full term raiding position. If that's ok with you we can talk, but it will most likely take a decent amount of time for you to work yourself into a spot.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Your assumption is correct. I am not looking to transfer to sit on the bench for a month or more. If there is a 2 week or so trial period where you have to prove yourself in 10 man's, or something along those lines, I don't mind at all.

I am comfortable taking the chance in a competition for spots based on performance, but if your raid positions are based off of seniority and not performance this may not work out.

I am happy to talk to you guys on vent or in game today. I am logged on your server as a level 1 hunter named Karraka. However, I have a meeting for work from 1:15 until 1:45 or ss EST and another meeting from 3:00 to 5:00 EST and won't be able to talk much then

Karraka

After talking with Syntax in game, I decided to go elsewhere. I am now Karraka on Wildhammer. If you ever need a hunter feel free to drop me a line. Your guild raid times are still better for me than what I found, and I might be interested if the new group doesn't work out.

Good luck to you!

-K

Karraka

Thank you for your interest and we will keep you in mind for the future.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: