Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: akaAVATAR

The application submitted by akaAVATAR is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main characters name, class and raiding spec?:

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example:
I am a 22 year old male, currently working to fund my upcoming studies as a paramedic.

Why are you looking to change guilds?:
The guild I am currently an officer of, Octavarium, is slowly yet surely disbanding.

What previous guild were you a member of?:
Octavarium

What are you looking for in a guild, and what do you think you offer to better our ranks?:
I am looking for an established and well respected guild to progress and grow with. I am able to bring consistency, reliability and intelligent gameplay to any guild looking to progress. My experience and dedication to raiding progressive content will surely show you a whole new strength to Healadins.

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. :
I have cleared all content in WotLK up to 25man Heroic ToC. I have cleared 10man ToC Heroic excluding Anub'Arak. Any content found before ToC I have cleared fully.

Provide your WoW Armory link.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Avatarofwar

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Cocotte

Please provide a link from a WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World Of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
I do not have such a link but I can tell you that I am a Holy Light Healadin with 39k mana raid buffed.

Taïpan
Moneybags

re: DECLINED - App: akaAVATAR - by syntax53

I have never run anything with Avatar however I do remember the premade AV's back in BC that he ran. I believe quite a few of us do :P. I would recommend him from the coordination and professionalism that he showed.

I have seen that a lot of people from Octo have applied to the guild, and we are already darn full. But I hope we can find room for another healer ;D.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

While we are full, we still have days where people tend to not show up. Since we only have 1 holy paladin as well this will increase your chances of attaining a spot in the future. Contact myself or Galvinias in game.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Octavarium does use World of Logs, couple of your guildmates have applied and linked reports.

Can't look at your armory atm, down for maintence (stupid Tuesdays), but I do have a couple questions after looking at your WoL reports.

Who do you usually beacon? Do you just beacon one tank and raid heal, or heal one tank and beacon the other?

Sabriell
Officer

re: Rotation

I have studied my class in and out with every incoming patch and can tell you that my rotation is very tight.

My understanding of the new mechanic is Beacon the MT and heal the OT + Melee. As a Holy Light healer this strategy has permitted me to keep a very large number of dps alive due to the OP Glyph of Holy Light (Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 8 yards of the initial target.), I am able to keep a constant flow of heals due to my overwhelming mana pool (39k mana raid buffed) with a little help from some OP mana reduction / recovery mechanics.
Now of course Sacred Shield is very usefull to reduce damage and Holy shock can be a life saver(mmmm candy ) but at the base its all about keeping my mana pool well filled by using the right rotation of CDs, just incase I would need to cover for a fellow healer (DC or Death).

All and all I could go on for hours about the little tricks I use to help out the raid but If you really want to know what I am capable of....Plz give me a shot and I promise i'll do my best to blow you away :D
akaAVATAR

re: Re: Rotation

akaAVATAR wrote:
I have studied my class in and out with every incoming patch and can tell you that my rotation is very tight.

That brings back memories of a Rogue we once knew...

re: Re: Rotation

akaAVATAR wrote:

My understanding of the new mechanic is Beacon the MT and heal the OT + Melee. As a Holy Light healer this strategy has permitted me to keep a very large number of dps alive due to the OP Glyph of Holy Light (Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 8 yards of the initial target.), I am able to keep a constant flow of heals due to my overwhelming mana pool (39k mana raid buffed) with a little help from some OP mana reduction / recovery mechanics.
Now of course Sacred Shield is very usefull to reduce damage and Holy shock can be a life saver(mmmm candy ) but at the base its all about keeping my mana pool well filled by using the right rotation of CDs, just incase I would need to cover for a fellow healer (DC or Death).

All and all I could go on for hours about the little tricks I use to help out the raid but If you really want to know what I am capable of....Plz give me a shot and I promise i'll do my best to blow you away :D

The reason I ask the beacon question is because on all of the parses I looked at, you had a good chunk of your healing on one of your tanks (30% ish), but there wasn't a second tank with any significant portion of your healing, which is what happens when you beacon one tank and heal the other. I do see that you usually roll with 2 holy paladins, so you've probably ended up raid healing.

I know your tricks! (I'm the holy paladin =p)

Sabriell
Officer

re: Removing Candidacy

I have chosen to follow some of my fellow healing partners.

Ty for the replies, good luck in your progression, take care :D
akaAVATAR

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: