View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Apologies/Goodbye

I’m sorry that I didn’t write this before I left and that I didn’t leave in the right way. You all deserved an explanation of why I left and I understand that I hurt some feelings and pissed some people off by not officially saying goodbye. I was hoping I would have gotten a chance to say my goodbyes in guild the next day, I'm really terrible at goodbyes and couldn't even bring myself to answer some of the tells sent to me.

Deciding to leave not so much Lothar, only Judgement, was a hard decision for me to make, but I had been frustrated with several things for a while and I didn’t want to end up burnt out and leaving WoW completely.

After a lot of thinking I decided to pretty much try a whole new section of the game, I'm joining an Alliance Guild on Magtheridon PvP. I’ve been constantly frustrated with the lack of love and ability to do pvp as Horde on this server/battlegroup, and not excelling in raids to the level that Judgement is capable of -- I'm just looking for a new experience.

I consider many of you friends and I’m glad that I got to know you and enjoy raiding with you, I hoped it wouldn't change but because I fucked up it probably has. I hope you don’t think that I’m “taking gear”, as I’ve worked really hard to help all of us get gear and I was always there for others too.

I’ll still be on Lothar with my warlock, who’s name I changed to Mykungfu, and I hope to still be in contact with my friends in Judgement. If I hurt your feelings or made you feel betrayed, I’m sorry and that wasn’t my intention.

I will be reading replies even though they probably aren't going to be good, so if you would like to say anything me whenever I'll be on my Warlock often and I won't put anyone on ignore, I deserve whatever bad things you have to call me.

First of all I would just like to say I know we haven't always seen eye-to-eye but I thought there was a certain amount of respect.

However with the last move I have virtually lost all of it for you. It is not just the fact that you left on false pretenses, or the fact you just left without giving anyone any real notice. A lot of of my personal problem, and the problem of many others is the fact that you didn't even have the self-respect to say what you wanted to say, or the common courtesy to tell your so-called friends that you were leaving.

You are upset because we won't hold your alts, but you need to understand this guild is like a family in a lot of aspects. We all fight with each other and we all learn with each other. Doing what you did was no less then saying you are above us and think you deserve to be in a better guild.

I personally would not have had near a problem with leaving alts in here for the time, had you been the least bit tactful with your choice. As far as your coming back, Personally I wouldn't expect it, you showed a real lack of character by not even being able to stand behind your own decision about your game.

Yet it soon amounts to Years
Kilbourne

I have to agree with Kilbourne. We played hard for quite some time and you didn't have the decency to say you were leaving. You came on, didn't say a word to anyone in guild chat, logged off and landed up as a space deer an hour later. You really should have said something sooner.

If you want to leave for a better guild, that's your choice and we're all entitled to have that choice. I wish you good luck with that. And my opinion on the looting is quite possibly one of the few who oppose the norm. You worked hard, played well, didn't slack, did your job, came with pots, reagents, food w/e. You earned your pay for the night and you have a right to spend what you earned. I know that POV isn't traditional but I think the ones who are bent on the idea that you "took loot" are bent because it was like you did a loot and run. No goodbye, no responses, you "bought" the best pieces of gear with your DKP and took off. I believe that's what people are thinking when they say you "took loot".

Good luck over there.
Zenyatta25

I was kinda speechless when I found out you quit. Your explanation doesn't really help me understand either. You left because you want a better pvp experience? Seems like a bogus reason. I don't recall you ever being interested in PVP outside of arenas and I can't see how being alliance, nor being on a PVP server, is going to make it any different. I feel like you left because you are an apparent closet elitist and secretly think we suck.

As a player you were amazing. You showed up all the time, you farmed mats for people, and you provided services (often for free). You are amazing at your class and you obviously excel in this game in many ways that others do not. You earned every piece of loot you got and I could give a rats ass about that.

However, as a person I'm torn. You had a lot of friends here and like Josh said, you were very much a part of this family. We had a lot of laughs together and shared a lot of good moments in this game. I think you are making a big mistake leaving a guild you meshed so well with (at least seemed so). I'll be honest, I will miss you as a friend and as a player, but the way you left taints those feelings. By leaving without saying a word and without giving anyone even the slightest hint that you were even remotely unhappy makes one think you never cared to begin with.

p.s. If you are afraid of getting burnt out from this game, play less.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

w.t.f.

Sabriell
Officer

It's not that you didn't leave in the "right way". It's that you didn't leave in an honorable way. Loot that you have doesn't matter. You earned it by showing up every raid and kicking ass. You aren't stealing loot or taking it away from us.

What you are taking away is any kind of trust or "friendship" we had with you. A week ago you told me you weren't playing this game for friends anymore. You say one thing on the forums and tell Galv something totally different. If you had wanted to say goodbye to anyone you would have. You had plenty of time, people were online, you could have said something in gchat. No one knew, except for two people that you were leaving. And yet you come on here and say "Oh boohoo I wanted to say goodbye but it's so hard".

I call bullshit. If we were in any way shape or form your friends you would have said something to everyone.

You and I have not gotten along in a long time. I hope in your next guild that you will ACTUALLY TALK TO PEOPLE. ACTUALLY tell them what is bothering you or you are upset about. Don't put them on ignore or hide behind someone else. It reflects poorly on you when you cannot personally communicate with your fellow guildmates. That is my advice to you. Gl in your life.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

You're a great player. Your goodbye sucks balls. If you truly thought of us as friends you would have talked to officers about things you are unhappy about. If you cared you would have tried to fix things, instead of giving up and leaving. Also, I don't know that you are, but I would be extremely disappointed if you are joining a guild that has already killed H Twins/Anub. Content is too hard so you just cheese your way by joining a guild that already beat them? Not saying you did this, but I'm saying you are raiding for the wrong reasons if you did.
Shamanananigan

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/magtheridon/Genesis

That is exactly what he did.

God, someone please ban me from this site.
gnarfarm

Shamanananigan wrote:
Also, I don't know that you are, but I would be extremely disappointed if you are joining a guild that has already killed H Twins/Anub. Content is too hard so you just cheese your way by joining a guild that already beat them? Not saying you did this, but I'm saying you are raiding for the wrong reasons if you did.

See if he was leaving for a guild with better, competitive progression, that is any guild in the top 300+ of the North America and they've cleared it all already. If anyone leaves a guild for better progression, you're going to see current content on farm. It's future progression that people like this are after. Guilds who go on the PTR nightly to learn the new content so they know what they're up against when it's released. We don't do this and when I asked last time why we didn't do this the response I got was, "We're too lazy". Well that's why we're 2,200 in NA and not 500. We're really not competitive... we're comfortable. We don't raid 5 nights a week for 5 hours a night like we would need to in order to be truly competitive. If he wanted that competitiveness, then he found what he was looking for and THAT he shouldn't have his balls nailed to the wall for. It was the false pretenses and shitty goodbye that he should be.
Zenyatta25

I'm actually glad that it's a guild like this that he went to and not just some other average guild that happened to have cleared twins or whatever. That guild is ranked 112 in the world. That's pretty awesome. Looking at their raid schedule, you can see why though:

Tuesday: 7.10pm - 12.00am
Wednesday: 7.10pm - 12.00am
Thursday: 7.10pm - 12.00am
Friday: FREE
Saturday: FREE
Sunday: 7.45pm - 12.30am
Monday: 7.10pm - 12.00am

Being lenient and assuming the minimal amount of time, that's at least 4.5 hours a day 5 days a week. That's 22.5 hours a week which is almost double our schedule. Fuck. That.

edit--
"During progression, we may go later as well as add Friday/Saturday to the schedule. Attendence is expected to be 85% or better for all raids."

wow.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

I for one can understand the silent like a ninja /gquit. Even if you don't like the guild you are in (like i was before judgement) its impossible to not make "friends" with some of the guildies. And I understand the feeling of "betraying" people when leaving. And I understand not wanting to do a bunch of uncomftorble explaining on the reasons why you left. In all those respects I understand why you didn't give the "polite" goodbye people would have liked to have seen. You kicked ass when you raided, you were more then generous with many guildies. Good Luck with where you are going!

who the fuck will cut my gems now? this is a fucking disaster...you cut me deep bro.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum