Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Turn-bull

The application submitted by Turn-bull is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main characters name, class and raiding spec?:
Turnbull, Shaman, Restoration (0/16/55)

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example:
My name is Matt, and I'm 20 years old. I live in Toronto, Ontario and go to Ryerson University for Journalism. I love writing in my spare time, and I write opinion/critical columns for a couple blogs around the Internet. Been trying to pitch to WoW.com lately, but with little success. Outside of school I write for a campus blog (surprising, eh?) to pay the bills, along with doing a bit of parkour on the side.

Why are you looking to change guilds?:
I'm looking to change guilds due to a good impression from Judgement during a 10 man Ulduar which I filled in. I was impressed by the level of play, as well as the comraderie your players share. My current guild lacks a certain organization that I believe is needed to progress well in the game, and I believe it's time I moved on.

What previous guild were you a member of?:
Kill Order (current guild), Living Wish (pre-80).

What are you looking for in a guild, and what do you think you offer to better our ranks?:
Though I mentioned I enjoy organization and good level of play earlier, my main "wants" in a guild are comraderie and competancy. I take my role as a healer very seriously and in turn, would like to think I know my class extremely well. I have farmed the requisite reputations for shoulder and head enchtants, and keep my gems up to date. My professions are herbalism/alchemy, and I'm not above farming Frost Lotuses for raid members' flasks. I'm personable and social, and use Ventrilo with gusto; however, I realize there's a time and place for talk and a time and place for work. When it comes down to it, sometimes it's better than my chain heals do the talking.

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. :
At the moment I have not had a "complete" raiding experience, so to speak: I have downed every boss in Naxxramas in a combination of 10 and 25 man dungeons; Ulduar, however, has only yielded up to Hodir. I have cleared 10 man TOC, and VOA, and have taken part in a few 25 man versions of the latter. Instances I have never entered include Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity and 25 man TOC.

Provide your WoW Armory link.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Turnbull&gn=Kill+Order

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Fohg (Heirloom'd warlock), but not very often.

Taïpan
Moneybags

re: Re: App: Turn-bull

Taïpan wrote:
When it comes down to it, sometimes it's better than my chain heals do the talking.

better that my chain heals, etc etc.

I enjoy the fact that everyone's application tends to have one post after correcting spelling mistakes .
Turn-bull

re: APPROVED - App: Turn-bull - by syntax53

We have a lot of grammar nazis here. =p

Sabriell
Officer

I like the app. The gear could definitely use some upgrading, but considering his current lack of access to the 25 man raids that's expected. Make this guy our resto shaman and have Joe go enhance, emirite?

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

The only warning I'd like to give is about my availability; while I was relieved to see that only 75% of the four nights a week is required, Journalism's fickle in the sense that when work crops up, it crops up mercilessly. My job for the campus blog requires me to attend two Ryerson events per week, and those occur at any time; I'll do my best to work this schedule around raids.

On an "average" week, however, I should be able to meet Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday's raid times. Tuesday is iffy, with classes going until 6 server time and a work meeting afterward that lasts from 6 until whenever we finish.

Just thought I would mention this.
Turn-bull

/vouch

We ran with Turnbull in our 10 man group where we hit several of the hard modes including Crazy Cat Lady & Hodir Speed Kill.

Considering that he hadn't seen anything past Auriaya, he learned fast & meshed quite well with the group with no hiccups.

And to top it all off - No connection problems. A definite plus.

Not more trees! Seriously, the applications looks very well written and thought out. I'm interested to see what he can do. wink
Morghane

Morghane wrote:
Not more trees!

... He's a shaman tongue out

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Same difference ;). The heals all come from somewhere.
Turn-bull

I know bumping my own post might be a faux-pas, but I've seen a bunch of these applications rejected due to inactivity. Didn't want that to happen.
Turn-bull

Generally the way this works is we wait for a raid opening that we can invite you to. We're fairly full atm, so these spots are hard to come by.
Shamanananigan

One of the officers will chime in and let you know what the next steps are.

You should contact galvinias or myself in game.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

I know I'm late to the party. I've been avoiding these forums like the plague. But I have to say, Turnbull is awesome.

We met one night when Rae and I were doing Chillmaw and he joined in the party. I have to say 85% of the people you pick up like that are generally asshats, rude, cocky or the other end of the spectrum, they don't say a word and do their own thing. So I was expecting that from this pug and as it turns out, he was VERY nice, VERY personable, eloquent in speaking and an all around nice guy. We chatted for quite some time afterwards and in following days. Come to find out, with him being a journalism major, he's a grammar nazi also! Which gave us more to chat about.

He often had a problem with his current guild. People were unmotivated, unorganized, problems were dumped on him even though he wasn't big on being the fixer. He often kept asking me what do you do in X situation? What does Judgement do if something like X occurs? He was very discouraged by his guild and their lack of motivation and energy to do ANYTHING.

Because I knew of his desire to raid and do well, when we had a healer short for 10 man Ulduar, I asked if he'd want to sub in and he was VERY eager to do so. It took minimal instruction (very minimal) and he just went along as if he was part of the guild from day 1. He joined in jokes, he moved fluidly with what needed to be done and no one really needed to tell him what he needed to do unless it was "Ok you focus on so and so." And we got a bunch of hardmodes done with him which put the burlap underwear on all his guild mates. They were dying to know who he was raiding with to get all this done. (They thought he was with Bacardi Pfft!)

All in all, he has the desire, he has the energy and he learns VERY quickly. If we can get him in on some of our 10 mans, I think he'd be fine and he'd get enough gear to get the job done that we'd need him to do. Like I said I know this is late but that's my flag of support.
Zenyatta25

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: