Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

re: App: sumitt

The application submitted by sumitt is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main characters name, class and raiding spec?:
Sumitt, Resto Druid (Dual Spec DPS)

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example:
I am a 25 year old Aerospace Engineer, I started raiding way back in vanilla WoW, I was on a west coast server and transferred to an east coast one during TBC. After some time there, I took about 1.5 years off of WoW just to try out other MMO's, after playing a couple, I decided WoW was the best a returned to northrend about 1.5 months ago. I really enjoy progressing as a guild, and I hope you guys will have me!

Why are you looking to change guilds?:
While my current guild is good, they have a problem with starting on time, they are more of a pug guild, with a "hey, we got enough people on, lets try this raid", I am looking for something with more structure. Your schedule is also very compatible with me.

What previous guild were you a member of?:
I am a member of Kill Order

What are you looking for in a guild, and what do you think you offer to better our ranks?:
I am looking for guild that just likes to put the smack down on raid bosses. I really enjoy raid encounters, all the strategy's with different class makeups, its just alot of fun to work on a boss then down him. I have a positive attitude and never feel like giving up. I always have my laptop open right next to me to consult strats when necessary. I know you guys have enough trees, and I would be more than happy to sit on the sidelines and act as a replacement, I'm pretty good about keeping my gear up to date.

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. :
In Vanilla wow, I did MC, Ony, ZG, and BWL, during TBC I did kara/gruul, then I took my WoW break, since being back I did 25 naxx, up to cat lady in ulduar, and....almost killed the yeti in 10 TOC

Provide your WoW Armory link.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Sumitt

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
I just play the drood.

Please provide a link from a WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World Of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
Unfortunatly, these are new to me, but I would be happy to learn about it and send it in.

Taïpan
Moneybags

re: APPROVED - App: sumitt - by syntax53

Typing Nazi in me supports this application. Also, the Moonkin in me approves of his offspec and glyphs. Only downside I see is the lack of experience on current content, but since it's because of taking a break, and his/her experience makes me happy. The gear needs some work, but that's something that can be quickly fixed with some non-hard mode runs and getting badges, etc.

I don't have a vote, and I don't know how many more trees we need, but worth a trial imo.

He/She's welcome to come with us tonight to TOC if we have a spot.

looks like a good app to me

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

I love people like this!
Zenyatta25

Awesome, thanks for the positive feedback. I would very much appreciate a chance for toc tonight. BTW, Sumitt is a he!

As for my gear, yea, that blue ring just won't go away. I have ran htoc so many times and never seen either the dps or the healer ring drop (at this point, I would take either one). At the point where I will back peddle my conquest badges to valor to pick up the ilvl 213 ring. I haven't purchased the 224 helm yet, but thats only because I was saving up for the 245 helm, about 13 triumph badges to go!

I will be online during lunch, and if I don't see one of you online then, I look forward to talking with you this evening.
sumitt
Casual

One piece of advice I can give - buy the badge ring. Either the Valor ring or the triumph ring. But that will fill that ugly blue slot. Happy

In any case, we're running ToC 10 tonight @ 7:30pm. Give me a shout and I'll see if we have some room for you.

Is the Dalaraan ring worth it? I am about 1.4k g away from it, and then the other 1k g away for the upgrade.
sumitt
Casual

No idea about the dalaran ring. I'd hit up Rawr.

We will. We're 2 shy and Luscien or Eihwaz has a DPS spec so Sumitt can heal if he's up to the challenge.
Zenyatta25

Bring it!

Does your guild enforce any addons? The raid specific ones I have are DBM and decursive. I tried healbot, but I really didn't like it, maybe there is an optimum way for druids to set it up so that they do like it.

I have vent, if you use TS let me know and I will download that.
sumitt
Casual

We use Vent.

I personally like DBM and champion the guild-wide use of ONE raid mod. Past that, its all up to you.

sumitt wrote:
I have vent, if you use TS let me know and I will download that.

People use TS anymore?
Zenyatta25

Raethar wrote:
We use Vent.

I personally like DBM and champion the guild-wide use of ONE raid mod. Past that, its all up to you.

We also mostly use headphones on Vent and make fun of people who echo. Cough. Happy

Mods -- whatever you want/need to make yourself better without bogging yourself down with too much info or video/game lag.

What we *do* require is a somewhat thick skin -- we like to push each other's buttons with good natured ribbing. I think the only thing that really sets some of us off is terrible typing (i.e. beyond normal and expected typos) and ending sentences with "." You don't appear to have those problems, so no worries there.

I have barkskin, is that thick enough?

Another question for tonights TOC, do you have particular strategies posted anywhere? I know strats for all the encounters, but they may not be the same ones that you use.
sumitt
Casual

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: