Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

re: App: opeth1501

The application submitted by opeth1501 is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main characters name, class and raiding spec?:
Thirdeyez/Druid/healing 10/0/61

Why are you looking to change guilds?:
Currently my character is sitting in the guild "Wrath of the Forsaken". Our history runs deep with this server. Our GM, named Gurgar also knowns as Christiana (alliance Pally) started this guild on Launch. It has seen many ups and downs. Most our members during pre-tbc moved guilds to Order of Disocrd. Another guild with much history on this server. We raided at the top of the horde side all the way untill launch of BC where we ended up in second place right behind ToS. I took a year off from the game before WOTLK came out, it was only fitting to re-enter "wrath of the forsaken" to just sit and hang out for awhile. WOTF isn't raiding or has any motavation to raid, we are just a group of long running friends. I can keep my friendship through chat channels and do not need to be guilded with them. (as well most of RL friends so I can just head to their house anyway). I am looking for progression, looking for challenges. What i have realized is WOTLK heriocs are not "hard". They require some skill but do not provide the challenge I am looking for.

What previous guild were you a member of?:
With my character Thirdeyez I was in guild position GM, progression-clear kara (was a small guild) . Currently in . With my Warrior Crazyeyez Wrath of the forsaken, Order of Discord, Tornado of souls

Are you currently on Lothar?:
Yes

What are you looking for in a guild, and what do you think you offer to better our ranks?:
I offer a friendly presonality, a very experianced raider, helpful with anything i can help with. I am looking for a group of players with the same goals and progression in mind. Being able to over come challenges and never give up. I have seen guilds die due to a select few people not willing to put in the extra time to study fights, prepare for them or at the very least listen to the leader. I need to surround my self with people willing to put in the extra hour of farming mats, or farming gold to pay for repairs. Played a warrior for many years and I understand repair bills are never fun, but it comes with the progession.

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings at 7:00pm server. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Provide your WoW Armory link.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Thirdeyez also plz look at my Warriors armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Crazyeyez

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. :
If you look at my warrior "crazyeyez"'s gear you will notice that he is very well geared from pre-bc content. Those aren't just items you get from re-running those raids. I have full experiance in MC/BWL/AQ40 (all the way to c'thun but never seen him fall). In BC I have cleared Kara. My raiding experiance is a little lacking with new content but this is all due to my break from the game. If you notice my raiding experiance is very impressive for the 40 man content. Raiding with is increased diffuclty due needing to fill 40 spots.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Crazyeyez, but will almost always be only on thirdeyez.

Taïpan
Moneybags

re: DECLINED - App: opeth1501 - by syntax53

i noticed on the application that my list of guilds section is a little messed up so please let me clarify it.

Thirdeyez:
Guilds:
Server Vashj <Blood Society> Position: GM (1 year)
Server Lothar <Elf Slayer Squad> Position: member (1 week)
Server Lothar <Wrath of the Forsaken> Position: GM (the guild has very few members (currently member of)

Crazyeyez:
Server Lothar <Wrath of the Forsaken> Position: Officer (2 years)
Server Lothar <Order Of Disord> Position: Officer/ MT/OT (2 years)
Server Lothar <elf slayer squad> position: member (joined after my return to came, stayed for a week)
Server Lothar <Wrath of the Forsaken> Position: member. (current)
opeth1501

If you're applying as a healer, it is helpful to log out in your healing gear.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Raedahn on 2009/06/03 11:22; edited 2 times in total

Indeed it is, and for that I do apologize at the time of posting the application I realize afterwords that I was in the wrong gear. Unfortunately real life things affect what we can and can't do. I will be switching into my healing gear later on in the evening.
opeth1501

You are going to have to gear up before we even consider accepting you. Without bothering to see your healing gear I can see by the statistics of your character that you haven't done any naxx at all and have barely even done heroics.

Thanks for taking the time to complete the application and feel free to apply again when you have the gear.

edit: ...You hit 80 less then a week ago (05-29-2009).

Last edited by syntax53 on 2009/06/03 11:58; edited 1 time in total

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Raethar wrote:
Also, as posted in our recruitment post:

Quote:
You should have at least Naxx 25 gear

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17367603356&sid=1

While I did notice the gear requirement and realize while I am not at the same stage you are currently "looking" for; i bring more to the table then just a player geared to fill a slot.

Currently my healing gear is top rare and epic equipment from heroics, as well as purchased items through tokens.

Experience with game mechanics and the ability to be fully effective in any situations is just as important as a player with "gear". The skill of this guild I am sure you could "fill" a spot easily with a player in great gear, but what would you gain from that spot filler if they don't understand the mechanics of raiding?

Been playing on this server since day one, have seen a lot of guilds come and go. Due to the ability to change players names and alts being created I am not 100% sure I know a lot of people in Judgement so I am speaking from my own personal experience, but Lothar sees this swing in the summer time where many guilds loose players to summer activities. While the summer goes on it gets increasingly harder to fill raid spots. All I can offer to you and the other members of Judgement is a solid attendance raider with a passion for the game.

As you can see by my application I have nothing to hide. I have been very honest with listing the guilds I have been in, the progression I have seen. Anyone can contest that 40 man raids were some of the hardest to complete and required some of the most dedicated players. There is reasons why my warrior sits in his full tier 2 gear with his thunderfury and its because of the pride I take from getting those items, remembering the good times of playing this game and even the bad times that come along with raiding. I didn't receive those items because I was there at the right time at the right place, I earned those items. Crazyeyez was once a respected warrior on Lothar and still is today when I log onto him from time to time.
opeth1501

syntax53 wrote:
You are going to have to gear up before we even consider accepting you. Without bothering to see your healing gear I can see by the statistics of your character that you haven't done any naxx at all and have barely even done heroics.

Thanks for taking the time to complete the application and feel free to apply again when you have the gear.

no need to read my last post..I guess i was in the middle of writing it when you made your decision. Thanks for taking the time to look over it and good luck in your future of WoW.
opeth1501

I do applaud the idea of "bring the player," but your gear just doesn't support the healing output or damage intake that Ulduar encounters dish out. You could be the best player on server, but if your gear doesn't match the content, you don't do yourself or anybody else any good.

I do have some friends in other guilds that are doing Naxx 10/25 and would be very happy to point you in their direction if you think that would be helpful.

opeth1501 wrote:
While I did notice the gear requirement and realize while I am not at the same stage you are currently "looking" for; i bring more to the table then just a player geared to fill a slot.

Currently my healing gear is top rare and epic equipment from heroics, as well as purchased items through tokens.

Experience with game mechanics and the ability to be fully effective in any situations is just as important as a player with "gear". The skill of this guild I am sure you could "fill" a spot easily with a player in great gear, but what would you gain from that spot filler if they don't understand the mechanics of raiding?

Been playing on this server since day one, have seen a lot of guilds come and go. Due to the ability to change players names and alts being created I am not 100% sure I know a lot of people in Judgement so I am speaking from my own personal experience, but Lothar sees this swing in the summer time where many guilds loose players to summer activities. While the summer goes on it gets increasingly harder to fill raid spots. All I can offer to you and the other members of Judgement is a solid attendance raider with a passion for the game.

As you can see by my application I have nothing to hide. I have been very honest with listing the guilds I have been in, the progression I have seen. Anyone can contest that 40 man raids were some of the hardest to complete and required some of the most dedicated players. There is reasons why my warrior sits in his full tier 2 gear with his thunderfury and its because of the pride I take from getting those items, remembering the good times of playing this game and even the bad times that come along with raiding. I didn't receive those items because I was there at the right time at the right place, I earned those items. Crazyeyez was once a respected warrior on Lothar and still is today when I log onto him from time to time.

While I am done writing application type post we can just have a friendly chat. I do have many friends still on this server. Clauberg <guild gone wild>, darhk <guilds gone wild> (old member of Oder of Discord), bokeke <guilds gone wild> (old member of OoD), shuzzi <ender> a few members in tyranny to just name a few

While the gear is the big issues (and yes I did reach 80 a few days ago) look at what my gear is compared to other lvl 80's who have been 80 for months now. Look how many heroics I HAVE run in just under 5 days, and I do admit I have been lucky with my drops. To be honest there isn't much healing gear left that I could obtain.

The gear that is required is pretty high which is kind of the decline of WoW. Back in the day while gear was semi important the skill was still held higher in importance. I have noticed that this has been reversed with each coming x-pac

More of less picture it this way. If raiding was all you knew in this game (which for the most part is true) then you took a break from the game, what would be your first goal when returning? Mine was reach 80 as fast as possible (did it just over 2 weeks from lvl 70) and start researching raiding guilds. I do admit my bite was a bit more then i could chew but if you never shoot the puck will you ever score a goal?
opeth1501

Raethar wrote:
I do have some friends in other guilds that are doing Naxx 10/25 and would be very happy to point you in their direction if you think that would be helpful.

If I am leaving this recruitment forum leaving a positive impression of my self through your eyes I will never turn down helpful tips or ideas to lead me in the right direction.
opeth1501

I give you points for persistence. Happy An admirable quality for sure.

I'm thinking about running a Naxx 10 man pug this weekend. If you're around, I'll bring you along.

If nothing else, maybe we can fill some of the gear gaps & get you in a better position with other Naxx level guilds.

Raethar wrote:
I give you points for persistence. Happy An admirable quality for sure.

Don't get anywhere in this world by sitting on your ass.

I am 24 year old and lead man position of inspection at a highly respected aerospace engineer machine shop (withholding name due to privacy concerns) Didn't get this position by being lazy, worked my ass off to achieve my goal and haven't looked back since.

Its another reason why applying to this guild was one step i took, talking to old friends, looking at forum post there is very little drama and a ton of drive. So I tip my hat to all of you in Judgement.

As for the weekend I most likely will be on, and if i get a chance to join your group in naxx I am sure it will be an enjoyable time to say the least.
opeth1501

p.s declined such an ugly word :P...to bad it doesn't say "not yet good sir..not yet"
opeth1501

I, personally, would be willing to help gear you up a bit. So I'm gonna talk to some of my officers about it.

*groans*, don't even THINK about dragging me into another 10 man Naxx!
Shamanananigan

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: