View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Feral Cat DPS too high?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/16903518396-feral-dps-supposed-to-be-this-high-89k-dps.html

Quote:
The theoretical Feral dps suggested by simulations may be high because the reality is often different -- it's a pretty demanding spec to play and more dependent on attacks from behind than most.

We don't often see cats beating rogues. They do sometimes beat mages, locks and hunters, but that is almost always on fights where we asked the ranged dps to be doing something else, such as moving or contending with adds. There are also some early fights in Ulduar that are very friendly to kitties, such as XT and Razorscale.

It's definitely something to keep an eye on. If we made a small nerf to cat dps, nobody should be surprised, but we don't have one to announce at this time.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

on boss fights in ulduar i have seen 8-9k dps for feral druids (atleast 10%higher boss damage than any other spec/class).... this seems really high to me, but as long as your on my side idc

they really need to lay off the Druid class, they nerfed our Armor in Patch 3.1 to give us this Savage Defense crap, now theres talks of nerfing Kitty DPS......SMH twisted

It's funny how the ones who are currently on top bitch about the chance of getting nerfed instead of seeing that they are in fact too good and might need a tweak.
Zenyatta25

I openly admit that i am OP. It's hard to nerf without nerfing too much though. Plus we don't know how much gear scaling is going to affect us vs other classes yet. I've heard that other classes are going to see a much higher dps increase from Ulduar gear then I will.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Snowsnow wrote:
It's funny how the ones who are currently on top bitch about the chance of getting nerfed instead of seeing that they are in fact too good and might need a tweak.

On the flip-side, I think it's funny how the ones not on top and who don't PvP find someone's higher DPS a problem for them. Same side, and all.

First off, I didn't say I have a problem in what I stated above so stop reading more into what's there. Secondly, I have no idea what PvP has to do with anything because it's not something that was mentioned in Sintax's quote so more to do about nothing. What I'm stating and what I said above has to do with if you look at any forum when it's being mulled around that a class is getting a nerf, you'll see a string of bitchings a mile long and rarely (if ever) will you see someone who says, "yeah it's pretty warranted. We are doing too much."
Zenyatta25

Snowsnow wrote:
First off, I didn't say I have a problem in what I stated above so stop reading more into what's there. Secondly, I have no idea what PvP has to do with anything because it's not something that was mentioned in Sintax's quote so more to do about nothing. What I'm stating and what I said above has to do with if you look at any forum when it's being mulled around that a class is getting a nerf, you'll see a string of bitchings a mile long and rarely (if ever) will you see someone who says, "yeah it's pretty warranted. We are doing too much."

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't say that was directed at you! "Stop reading more into what's there" tongue out I was commiserating with you on how people bitch no matter what ends up happening and no matter what side they're on. This is why I don't visit the WoW forums anymore -- it seems like most posts are in the form of "omfg X is imba - nerf!" and "we're not op, we're fine! leave us alone !" I hate it to. Just don't read any forums other than EJ and you're fine wink

The PvP thing wasn't included in any posts, but it's what I like to call a "logical extension of the current discussion." I'll care about feral DPS if I'm PvPing, because that's when it can hurt me. In PvE, however, feral DPS going up means raid DPS goes up. When raid DPS goes up, we kill things faster. If some class other than me is currently imba, awesome! Let's use it to kill shit!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum