View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2

re: Patch 3.1 Notes and Information Released

The Glory of the Raider proto drakes are being removed with 3.1 going live.

Time to get crackin' on those achievements.

Raethar wrote:

Damn, I'm like 4/110 on those. There goes my hope for an all proto-drake collection.

I can see why they'd remove them, but I think it's too soon. I highly doubt that the itemization on Ulduar gear will be so high quality that it'll trivialize the achievement.

I mean with the ZA bear, 3.0 was released and there was the 30% nerf to content as well as the new talents. This just seems a little rushed, especially considering that there are a few achievements that are luck based- killing blow on a Scion with Malygos, dodging a flame strike on Sarth, freakin' Immortal...

The current thought is that this is working alot like how the Arena mounts are given out. PVE Season 1 is ending, top end guilds are getting the 310% mounts. Season 2 will have achievements for it to get a Season 2 310% PVE mount.

I think it's a shit move TBH. Ulduar loot will not drastically make things easier the first few weeks. Icecrown stuff might though...

They're not removing the Glory of the Hero one, as that's a 280% mount. Just the 310%s. Still no confirmation on the Sarth 3d mounts though.

socksnogger wrote:
Raethar wrote:

Damn, I'm like 4/110 on those. There goes my hope for an all proto-drake collection.

Raethar wrote:
killing blow on a Scion with Malygos, dodging a flame strike on Sarth, freakin' Immortal...

The first two can easily be done. Malygos requires dedicating ~an hour to it (raid gets scions down to 10%, people left for achievement take platforms and go airborne, wipe, repeat as needed), and Sarth requires killing all the drakes and letting half your raid die right after tagging Sarth the first week and letting the second half do it the next week.

Immortal, on the other hand...

zomg

"Hearthstone cooldown changed to 30 minutes
Alright, all -- we're going to make the cooldown on hearthstones 30 minutes when 3.1.0 releases. Enjoy your sweet victory."

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

That's cuz of the ghetto-hearth "nerf."

Ghetto Hearthing will now take you to the closest graveyard instead of your hearth location.

Raethar wrote:
That's cuz of the ghetto-hearth "nerf."

Ghetto Hearthing will now take you to the closest graveyard instead of your hearth location.

Back to being qued for a battlegrouond. Enjoy your sweet victory Blizzard.

Nope. They fixed that too. You'll go back to where you queued, even if it's in the middle of the lake.

"Applying a glyph no longer requires a Lexicon of Power. The same rules for switching between dual talent specializations now apply to switching glyphs and cannot be performed while in combat, Battlegrounds (except when Preparation is up), or Arenas (no exceptions)."

... this one... "Taunts: All player or pet-generated taunts now have a shared diminish category. In addition, Taunt-type effects from pets and from classes other than death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior have been set such that bosses can be made immune to them while still affected by death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior taunts."

... kinda scares me. is that saying there is going to be diminishing returns with taunts in PVE? 4-horsemen? gluth?

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

When would a Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight or Druid need to taunt? Seems like it slaps pets and that is it.

I'm reading the first and second sentences separately. The first sentence is, "Taunts: All player or pet-generated taunts now have a shared diminish category." The second sentence starts out, "In addition..."

edit: I just noticed I was assuming a word was in the first sentence that isn't-- "returns." I thought it was saying "have a shared diminish returns" not, "category." So I guess all it's saying is pets wont be able to taunt while a tank is taunting.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum