View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: WOTLK Changes

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8962))
Elemental
Skills

* Lava Burst mana cost reduced, damage increased, and it will now only consume your own Flame Shock.

Talents

* Thunderstorm (Tier 11) knockback increased to 20 yards. (Previously 6 yards)
* Lightning Mastery (Tier 6) no longer affects Lava Burst.
* Elemental Fury moved from Tier 5 to Tier 3. It is now 5 ranks and increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Searing, Magma, and Fire Nova Totems and your Fire, Frost, and Nature spells by 20/40/60/80/100%. (Previously did 100% with 1 talent point)
* Call of Thunder moved from Tier 3 to Tier 5. It now only costs 1 talent point and increases the critical strike chance of your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm spells by an additional 5%.

Enhancement
Talents

* Maelstrom Weapon (Tier 10) changed to - When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to reduce the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lava Burst, Lesser Healing Wave or Healing Wave spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 sec.
* Spectral Transformation removed.
* *New Talent* Earthen Power (Tier 9) - Your Earthbind Totem has a 50/100% chance to also remove all snare effects from you and nearby friendly targets when it pulses.
* *New Talent* Lava Lash (Tier 8 ) - You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 100% off-hand Weapon damage. Damage is increased by 25% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue. Instant Cast. 6 sec cooldown.
* Unleashed Rage moved from Tier 8 to Tier 6.
* Stormstrike (Tier 7) now affects Frost and Fire damage as well. Will now only affect your own spells. Sorry Kao and Mijae
* Mental Quickness moved from Tier 6 to Tier 8.
* Weapon Mastery (Tier 6) is now 3 ranks and increases damage you deal with all weapons by 4/7/10%. (Previously 2/4/6/8/10%)
* Toughness (Tier 4) now reduces the duration of movement slowing effects on you by 6/12/18/24/30%. (Previously 10/20/30/40/50%)
* Thundering Strikes (Tier 2) now affects spells as well as melee attacks.

Restoration
Talents

* Spirit Link (Tier 11) now breaks when being the target of an effect which breaks on taking damage (Example: Polymorph). It also now has a 10 sec cooldown.
* Ancestral Aweakening (Tier 9) now affects the lowest percentage health player and heals for 10/20/30% of the amount healed. (Previously affected the lowest health player and healed for 7/13/20%)
* Nature's Guardian (Tier 7) now has an 8 sec cooldown. (Previously 5 sec)

Glyphs

* Glyph of Renewed Life - All stats increased by 5% for 1 min when you Reincarnate.
Urkthor
Casual

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9014))
Skills
Enhancement

* Fire Resistance Totem now increases fire resistance by 130 (Up from 70) and lasts 5 minutes. (Up from 2 minutes)

Talents
Elemental

* Totem of Wrath now lasts 5 minutes. (Up from 2 minutes)

This is handy.....

Enhancement

* Maelstrom Weapon proc chance changed from 20/40/60/80/100% on critical hit to 3/6/9/12/15% when you deal damage with a melee weapon. Now affects Chain Heal as well.

Not really sure how I feel about this. It makes us slightly less crit dependent, and will probably equate to the same uptime, but I did like the necessity of the crit and the way it was handled. Guess it was tweaked to how they want to gear shaman in WOTLK, which means I only have to compete with hunters for gear Happy.

* Dual Wield Specialization now Increases your chance to hit while dual wielding by an additional 1/2/3%. (Down from 2/4/6%)

Nerfing our hit more than the 3% you already took out was not needed at all blizzard.....

* Stormstrike doesn't affect Fire or Frost damage anymore.

(Damn you blizzard)

* Unleashed Rage now increases both melee and ranged attack power and works within 45 yards. (Old - Affected only melee AP, 20 yards)

You happy now hunters?

* Flurry now increases your attack speed by 5/10/15/20/25% (Down from 10/15/20/25/30%) for your next 3 swings after dealing a critical strike.

Why change another crit based mechanic that has been 30% since it was implemented?

Restoration

* Ancestral Awakening now affects Riptide as well
* Improved Water Shield now affects Riptide as well

Riptide is a shittier version of a lifebloom... great...
Urkthor
Casual

Quote:
Spirit Wolves
The last numbers I saw, the wolves did fairly nice dps. They do scale their strength, stamina and resistance from yours and inherit your hit. We can make sure nothing broke though.

They are intended to be burst damage, like the elementals. The root breaking is useful and the healing is a little bonus. The taunt will probably always be pretty situational, but the idea was you might be able to save the day sometimes if adds are running amuck. (Source)

Enhancement
We're still not happy with how pushed Enhancement feels towards caster gear and feeling like a caster in general. We want to keep the spell damage in there, but it will probably end up being less to push Enhance back towards melee. This might let us undo some of the recent nerfs to physical damage, but no promises until we get things to a state that we like. (Source)

Here are our concerns: Lavaburst makes scaling from spell damage so good that Enhancement shamans were debating wearing Elemental gear. Enhancement shamans were also looking at using caster daggers to maximize procs. Both of these trends would cause us severe item headaches down the road and also don't fit the kit of the tree.

We're changing Maestrom Weapon to no longer affect Lavaburst. We are also changing the proc rate to a proc per minute mechanic instead of a chance on hit.

To compensate for lost damage, we are raising Flurry back up to 30% max haste and raising Dual Wield back up to 6% hit.

I don't expect this news to be popular based on previous receptions to my posts here, but I remain an eternal optimist that you'll eventually come to realize that we are trying to get all of the classes balanced. Please try to keep that in mind.

And for all the intelligent, articulate suggestions and feedback, we do thank you.

Well this definitively helps. I mean the elemental geared enhance build was pushing damage through the roof (tested it a few days back) so that needed to be changed.

Maelstrom on a PPM rate instead of crit based still sucks

And giving us back out hit and flurry really help out. (If you were confused on these for whoever is reading this - odds are only myself and angel - ask me i'll link the arguments as to why our flurry needs to be better than a warriors).
Urkthor
Casual

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: