View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

re: WOTLK Hunter Talents tree

So I logged onto the PTR lastnight and Everyone was either a Full BM to get an exotic pet (seen people with Core Hounds!!!) or Marks. I have yet to see anyone as Survival. This makes me sad but honestly I don't mind changing spec if survival ends up sucking dick like I feel it will....

It's okay Random "Come to the Dark Side, My apprentice" *queue Vader breathing* "There is much potential in this one." Happy yeah I am a Vader nut :D hell my initals say it all TDAR.... kinda just move stuff around and remove the T with a V.... yeah okay not even close.... but i will say this... I feel that i will be getting a corehound and getting it up very quickly if its worth it.

YAY I have a reason to stay Survival. I can shoot freezing traps! And of course they nerf Explosive shot.... grr

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8962))
Beast Mastery
Skills

Aspect of the Viper mana regeneration buffed. Each ranged attack regenerates a percentage of maximum mana equal to twice your base ranged weapon speed. (Previously only regened your base ranged weapon speed)

Marksmanship
Skills

Steady Shot mana cost increased from 4% of base mana to 5%, damage reduced. (Check Skill List for Details)
Kill Shot no longer knocks you down. Damage Increased to 205% weapon damage plus [ 40% of RAP + 820 ] (Old - 200% weapon damage plus [ 30% of RAP + 400 ]). Can only be used on targets under 20% health. (Check Skill List for Details)
Kill Shot (Rank 2) 205% weapon damage plus [ 40% of RAP + 1000 ] and (Rank 3) 205% weapon damage plus [ 40% of RAP + 1200 ] have been added to the game.
Tranquiliziing Shot attempts to remove 1 Enrage and 1 Magic effect from an enemy target. (Previously removed 1 frenzy effect as well)

Talents

Wild Quiver (Tier 9) now gives you a 4/7/10% chance to shoot an additional shot when doing damage with your auto shot, dealing 50% Nature damage. Wild Quiver consumes no ammo. (Previously 60% nature damage)
Master Marksman (Tier 8 ) changed to increase your critical strike chance by 1/2/3/4/5%, and increases your total ranged haste by 1/2/3/4/5%. (Previously increased ranged AP by 2/4/6/8/10%)
Combat Experience (Tier 6) Increases your total Agility and Intellect by 2/4%. (Previously 3/6%)
Mortal Shots (Tier 2) now only affects ranged abilities.

Survival
Skills

Misdirection cooldown reduced to 30 sec. (Previously 2 mins)
Freezing Trap now has a chance to break on damage. (Previously broke 100% of the time on damage)
*New Skill* Freezing Arrow (Level 80) - Fire a freezing arrow that places a Freezing Trap at the target location, freezing the first enemy that approaches, preventing all action for up to 20 sec. Any damage caused will break the ice. Trap will exist for . Only one trap can be active at a time. (3% of base mana, 40 yd range, Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown)

Talents

Explosive shot (Tier 11) damage reduced. (Check Skill List for Details)
Hunting Party (Tier 10) mana regen reduced to 0.25% of max mana. (Previously 0.5%)
Sniper Training now increases the critical strike chance of your Kill Shot ability by 15%. (Old - No health requirement)
Surefooted (Tier 4) reduces movement impairing effect durations by 10/20/30% (Previously 16/25/50%)
Lock and Load (Tier 4) now affects your next 2 Arcane or Explosive shots. (Previously 1)
Trap Mastery is now implemented.

Survival Instincts (Tier 2) changed to - Reduces all damage taken by 2/4% and increases the critical strike chance of your Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, and Explosive Shot by 2/4%. (Previously reduced all damage taken by 2/4% and increased ap by 2/4%)

Glyphs

Glyph of Aspect of the Viper - Increases the amount of mana gained from attacks while Aspect of the Viper is active by 10%. (Old - You regenerate mana from Aspect of the Viper as if you had 15% less mana in your current mana pool.)

l2 reroll fury warrior kkthnxbai

Hi Blizzard thanks for screwing me again and reducing the damage of Explosive Shot and making my talent tree's more gay! Oh ya wtf am I going to do with Freezing arrow? ya thats right absolutley nothing!

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8982))
Skills
Marksmanship

Kill Shot required level changed from 71 to 75 for Rank 1, to 80 for Rank 2
Scorpid Sting now reduces the chance to hit with melee and ranged attacks by 3%. (Down from 5%)

Survival

Explosive shot damage has been reduced. (eg. [20% of RAP + 273] and [5% of RAP + 68] AOE damage to [8% of RAP + 238] + [2% of RAP + 59] AOE damage for Rank 4)
Freezing Arrow now creates a trap that has a chance to break on damage. (Old - 100% chance to break on damage)

Talents
Survival

Lock and Load now give you a 100% chance when you trap a target and a 100% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Serpent Sting to cause your next 2 Arcane Shot or Explosive Shot to trigget no cooldown, cost no mana, and consume no ammo. (Old - Didn't have 100% chance, affected all stings)
T.N.T. doesn't increase the critical strike chance of Explosive Trap anymore
Improved Tracking now only increases all non-periodic damage. (Old - All damage)

Beast Mastery

Separation Anxiety has been removed.
*New talent* - Kindred Spirits (Tier 10) - Increases your pet's damage by 4/8/12/16/20% and you and your pet's movement speed by 2/4/6/8/10% while your pet is active.

Marksmanhip

Rapid Recuperation has been changed from 3 to 2 points. Now Reduces the mana and focus cost of all shots and abilities by you and your pet by 30/60% (Old - 20/40/60%) while under the effect of Rapid Fire, and you gain 2% of your mana every 2 sec for 6 sec when you gain Rapid Killing.

Upcoming hunter changes (Not in this build) (Source)

Aimed Shot - This shot will now be instant cast, its damage/effect/cooldown will remain unchanged.
Scatter shot - This will now be an 11-point Survival talent.
Readiness - This will now be the 21-point Marksmanship talent.
Trap Mastery - This will now be the 41-point Survival talent. Granted, not very sexy for a 41-pointer but we'll do some changes there in a future patch (after WOLK ships).

you done got screwed...
Urkthor
Casual

The aimed shot change is nice though. Yes, 6 sec cooldown, but it'll be insta cast. not a bad moving shot.

ya thats not bad but why are they crushing the dps output of Explosive shot again. It's the only good talent in Survival dps

Another wave of Nerfs and more FU hunters from Blizzard...

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9014))
Skills
Beast Mastery

Aspect of the Wild (Rank 4) now increases Nature resistance by 130. (Up from 70)
Aspect of the Viper changed to : The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged attacks to regenerate mana but reducing your total damage done by 50%. Mana gained is based on the speed of your ranged weapon.
Aspect of the Beast has been changed and re-added to the game. The hunter takes on the aspects of a beast, becoming untrackable and increasing melee attack power of the hunter and the hunter's pet by 10%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Marksmanship

Aimed shot mana cost reduced from 11% of base mana to 8%. Casting time changed from 2.5 sec to instant. Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds. Damage reduced to about 25% of the old value. (Lowered from 1570 to 408 for Rank 9)
Kill Shot damage now deals 200% weapon damage (down from 205%). Additional damage nerfed as well. (Down from [ 40% of RAP + 1200 ] to [ 40% of RAP + 650 ] for rank 3)
Multi-Shot mana cost has been increased from 8% of base mana to 9%.
*New Spell* - Fires a Black Arrow at the target, slowing the target's movement speed by 70%. While the movement speed effect holds, the damage done by your ranged shots are increased by 15% on the target. Lasts for 6 sec. (6% of base mana, 5-35 yd range, Instant cast, 12 sec cooldown)

Survival

Freezing Arrow now breaks on any damage. (Old - The ice has a chance to break on damage.)
Freezing Trap now breaks on any damage. (Old - The ice has a chance to break on damage.)

Talents
Beast Mastery

Kindred Spirits does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects anymore.

Marksmanship

Readiness has been removed from Survival Tree and moved to Tier 5 of Marksmanship Tree.
Scatter Shot has been removed from Marksmanship Tree and moved to Tier 3 of Survival Tree
Marked for Death now increases your damage done by your shots and the damage done by your pet's special abilities by 4% on marked targets. (Down from 8%)
Focused Aim doesn't affect Aimed Shot anymore and now also increases your chance to hit by 1/2/3%.

Survival

Readiness has been removed from Survival Tree and moved to Tier 5 of Marksmanship Tree.
Scatter Shot has been removed from Marksmanship Tree and moved to Tier 3 of Survival Tree
Point of No Escape has been changed from 3 to 2 points and now affects Freezing Arrow. Critical strike chance increased changed to 3/6% (up from 2/4/6%)
Surefooted has been moved from Tier 4 to Tier 2 and doesn't increase hit chance anymore.
Lock and Load now has a 2/4/6% chance to proc on periodic damage. (Down from 5/10/15%)
Trap Mastery has been moved from Tier 3 to Tier 9 and now increases the duration by 30% of both Freezing and Frost Trap.
T.N.T. has been moved from Tier 2 to Tier 4.

Glyphs

Glyph - Aimed Shot - Reduces the mana cost of your Aimed Shot ability by 20%. (Old - Decreases the cast time of Aimed Shot by 0.5 sec.)

yay pets lvl faster....

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9014))
Answers to a few recent questions
These seemed to crop up in several different threads, so rather than contaminating those, I thought I would start a new one.

Polar Bear Cub -- This wasn't intended to be a tamable pet, and it looked ridiculous.
Black Arrow -- This was an ability we were experimenting with. It isn't actually in the plan for hunters at this point in time. Usually we hide internal abilities better, but we're trying to get beta builds out quickly and this one slipped through the cracks.
Freezing Trap -- The intent was that this trap break on a flat damage amount. However, we found that pets did not respect traps set up that way as CC and would happily break them. When and if we get the pet AI fixed, we'll revert it to the less fragile form of the trap.
Lock and Load -- The design we settled on is 2/4/6, making it better than Nightfall (for comparison). If it's too low, we'll adjust it.
Aimed Shot -- The intention is that it is better than Multi-Shot against a single target, and that the two share a cooldown so that hunter shot rotations don't get back into crazy land too quickly again.
(Source)

Aimed shot
It should not reset your auto shot and should have the same cooldown as Multi Shot. It apparently isn't doing that on your version of the beta build. It will next build. (Source)

Growl - New rank added to the game
We recently added a new rank of Growl. Once we have the final numbers in for it, that should help with threat a great deal. (Source)

Pet leveling changes
We just recently increased the pet level rate. Pets needed 1/16th of hunter experience to gain a level, but don't benefit from quests or rest. Those two account for a lot of experience, especially at higher levels (where quest content tends to be denser).

We changed the experience needed for 1/10th. You should notice a big jump in pet level rates. I am not sure if that change got in the most recent data push. (Source)

bringin the pain once again! <3 blizzard (Not!)

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9038))
Marksmanship

Marked for Death now Increases your damage done by your shots and the damage done by your pet's special abilities by 1/2/3% (down from 2/4/6%) on marked targets, and increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Kill Shot or Chimera Shot by 2/4/6%.

QQ no more Tanking for me!

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9061))
Upcoming hunter changes
We probably are going to let Barrage affect Aimed Shot. We looked at Explosive Shot again and its damage seemed like a significant increase over Arcane Shot, but if Survival ends up low, then Explosive is probably where we'll try to make up the difference. (Source)

Master's Call not working properly
Yeah, we're working on it. It's hard to tell sometimes with abilities that involve pet movement if the data are set up correctly and there's just a code bug somewhere (that may happen infrequently) or if the spell itself is just borked. (Source)

Ferocious Inspirations
I suspect it is supposed to be raid-wide. (Source)

Too much haste on mail gear ?
We do put a lot of haste on gear. Part of that is because we don't have a huge canvas to work with. We can't put a ton of Strength and Spirit on hunter gear. Also, keep in mind that we aren't trying to make the best possible gear for you. We want you to toss out less optimal pieces for more optimal pieces. Finally, keep in mind that gear is one of the things we use to let players demonstrate mastery of the game. Making the decision of whether that new ring or belt is an upgrade should require a little bit of thought. That's what makes it interesting. But I will bring up the issue of haste and we can talk it over again. (Source)

*Low dodge % in WotLK*
I seem to be having trouble coming up with a way to explain it that makes sense to you. We don't want you to have as much dodge as a rogue or a druid or a tank. If you have great offense and great defense then we're not sure how to balance you. We want you to run away when someone gets close, not stand and take the hits. Mages Blink or Ice Block or Frost Nova to get away from melee. We gave hunters Disengage to try to do the same thing. Note that we don't want it to be an automatic get of jail free card -- sometimes we want the melee to kill you. Maybe they still kill you too much, but it's hard for us to tell if that's a hunter failing or Retadins and Unholy DKs doing too much burst damage. Hunters without LOS issues seem to be able to kill stuff just fine, so it may be that is your Arena weakness and not melee getting up in your stuff. (Source)

Wing Clip effectivity and mana cost
It's still a 50% snare, right? The duration is shorter than Hamstring, but is duration really what's killing you? It's possible it's too expensive. We can look at that. (Source)

Disengage
Disengage isn't supposed to remove snares. We do want it to move you the same distance whether snared or not, but that takes new code, so it will take a little while. We did recently lower the mana cost from 14% (I think) to 5%. It is off the GCD now. (Source)

Scatter Shot
We talk a lot about making it baseline, but it's also a very attractive talent in one particular spec. It's hard to argue that hunters of all classes (except maybe rogues) need more CC. (Source)

Aspect of the Viper
We like the design of Viper overall. It's cooler to have to shift your strategy to regen without actually interrupting your ability to deal damage. (Maybe it fits the mage class better to go hide in a corner and build up mana again.) I think Viper works fine for PvE. But I do think it presents a problem in PvP when hunters just can't get their mana back. We're talking a lot about to fix this, but I am going to be very hesitant to promise anything because this forum tends to get pretty upset when we change our minds or otherwise don't deliver. (Source)

yay Juggle all your aspects. Be like a warrior! Oh hai Screw juggleing here is a free new spell so all you have to do is shoot...

Aspects are now off the GCD. It's true. There will still be a 1 sec cooldown to switch from one aspect to another. It should feel a lot more like warrior stances or death knight presences.

We're also going to be putting a little bit of dodge (~10%?) onto Monkey. I'll update when we decide on a final number.

Just for consistency, paladin auras will probably get the same treatment. These changes should go live before Nov 13. As always, thanks for all of the feedback, and please keep it up now that many of the changes are live.

EDIT: After further discussion, we're not crazy about the "stance dancing" that hunters need to do to switch to Monkey when someone is in on you in melee. As we've said a few times, Disengage and Deterrence should be your go-to abilities at that time. If anything, removing Aspects from the GCD makes it feel like you are supposed to go Monkey every time you're in melee.

Rather than revert the change, we are introducing a new spell!

**Instead of getting new ranks of Hawk at level 75 and 80, you now get the new Aspect of the Dragonhawk. This powerful aspect combines all of the effects of Hawk and Monkey. Any talent or glyph that affects either Hawk or Monkey also affects Dragonhawk the same way. The idea is that you retire Hawk and Monkey at level 75 and go to essentially two Aspects: Dragonhawk for combat and Viper for mana regen.

Enjoy.

hrmmmmm this could be good.... it could be bad I hope it ranks up there with what Hawk has been at lvl 80. which is like 300 atk pwr. we will have to see

Guess they thought that Aspect glyph was to OP! Also looks like some Pet love in FOcus reduction and alil dps increase.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))

Glyph of Trueshot Aura - While your Trueshot Aura is active, you have 10% increased critical strike chance on your Aimed Shot. (Old - Increases the attack power bonus of Trueshot Aura by an additional 2%.)

Skills
Beast Mastery

Aspect of the Viper changed to - The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged and melee attacks to regenerate mana but reducing your total damage done by 50%. In addition, you gain 4% of maximum mana every 3 sec. Mana gained is based on the speed of your ranged weapon. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.
Survival

Disengage mana cost has been lowered from 14% of base mana to 5% of base mana.

Talent
Beast Mastery

Ferocious Inspiration now affects your raid.
Animal Handler now increase your pet's expertise by 5/10. (Old - Increased the chance to hit by 2/4%)
Marksmanship

Improved Barrage now affects Aimed Shot.
Barrage now affects Aimed Shot.

Pet Skills

Swipe (Bear) focus cost reduced from 25 to to 20. Damage increased (60-84 to 90-126 for Rank 6)
Snatch (Bird of Prey) focus cost reduced from 40 to 20.
Gore (Boar) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage increased. (122-164 for Rank 6)
Rake (Cat) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage lowered. (From 59-83 + 21-27 over 9 sec to 24-34 + 22-28 over 9 sec)
Fire Breath (Dragonhawk) now has a 20 yards range.
Froststorm Breath (Chimaera) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage increased. (64-86 to 128-172 for Rank 6)
Lava Breath (Core Hound) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage increased. (64-86 to 128-172 for Rank 6)
Monstrous Bite (Devilsaur) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.
Stamped (Rhino) damage increased (from 91-123 to 182-246 for Rank 6). Knockback reduced from 15 yards to 10 yards.
Spirit Strike (Spirit Beast) damage increased. (from 43-47 + 43-47 over 10 sec to 85-115 + 85-115 over 10 sec)
Acid Spit (Worm) damage increased. (62-88 to 124-176 for Rank 6)
Thunderstomp (Gorilla) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.
Tendon Rip (Hyena) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.
Savage Rend (Raptor) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.
Ravage (Ravager) damage increased. (89-125 to 106-150 for Rank 6)
Scorpid Poison (Scorpid) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20. Damage lowered. (From 85 to 45 for Rank 6)
Poison Spit (Serpent) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.
Spore Cloud (Sporebat) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.
Lightning Breath (Wind Serpent) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.
Sting (Wasp) focus cost reduced from 25 to 20.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: