View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Shot macro's

DISCLAIMER - THIS MACRO IS NOT FOR EVERYONE - IT REQUIRES FAIRLY OPTIMAL LATENCY AND FPS NUMBERS TO WORK PROPERLY AT THE STATED ATTACK SPEEDS. LATENCY ISSUES CAN TYPICALLY BE COMPENSATED WITH AN INCREASE IN PASSIVE HASTE - LOW FPS NUMBERS CAN'T REALLY BE FIXED BY HASTE, TRY LOWERING YOUR GRAPHICAL SETTINGS TO HELP OFFSET.

MACRO 1:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast Steady Shot
/click [target=pettarget,exists] MultiBarBottomLeftButton12
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

MACRO 2:

/castsequence reset=4 Kill Command, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot

Take the button for MACRO 1, place it somewhere you can mash it endlessly.

Take the button for MACRO 2, and place it on the last button space (right hand side) of Action Bar 6. If you have your action bars expanded out, collapse them, go to the 6th tab of buttons, and place it in the last spot. If you have an addon or mod that changes your buttons, turn it off, place the macro in the proper place and then reload your addon.

Macro 1 is spammed, with a 2.9 weapon as a BM hunter (Sunfury, Steam Pistol, etc.) with as close to 2.0 attack speed as possible. Macro 1 will automatically trigger Macro 2 when Kill Command is available, and will also guarantee no clipped Auto Shots or macro hangs when the Kill Command goes off.

One MAJOR benefit to this macro - Kill Command and all hunter shots are on SEPARATE macros - meaning if Kill Command "locks" - your shots are not locked with it! You can continue to fire, usually getting another critical strike within a few moments, and "unlock" Kill Command. Occasionally you will still end combat in a "locked" state, where you will not be able to feed your pet, open chests or doors, etc. This is a KNOWN BUG that Blizzard is currently in the process of fixing (supposedly) - to unlock from this state, you must either (1) enter combat, get a critical strike AND cast Kill Command, or (2) Re-log via ALT-F4 (you can't even hit Esc to access the options menu while "locked).

The other key thing to note - SEPARATED MACRO ALLOWS YOU TO DPS A DIFFERENT TARGET THAN YOUR PET. Your macro will mess you up if you try to use it on a target other than the one your pet has, and will end up changing your pet's target to your own, and sometimes changing your target to your pet's.

If you use a Wind Serpent, you can use this line in the first macro to autocast Lightning Breath on whatever target your pet is currently attacking. You will of course want autocast of LB off so that your pet does not back out of melee range to attempt a cast. Please note that this will not trigger if your pet is not currently "engaged" with a mob, but that if you want, you can have the pet stay by your side and cast off LB from range by removing the [target=pettarget,exists] and making the command a /castrandom rather than a /cast.

MACRO 1:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Lightning Breath
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast Steady Shot
/click [target=pettarget,exists] MultiBarBottomLeftButton12
padawon
Casual Raider

Good stuff Padawon! Thanks for posting this up! Should help increase the DPS of our BM's

Got anything you've seen for a Survival Rotation?

Well random, the only reason shot rotations change between BM and MM/Surv is the 20% increase from talents. Being survival you could use any MM shot rotation with the same results. This could prove to be helpful.

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t13107-hunter_shot_rotation_illustrated/
padawon
Casual Raider

Hey thanks for the link. I like reading stuff like that hehe. I use some of the ones listed there which is nice to know I'm doing something right

Here are my shot macros.

This one is for BM:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill Command
/cast Steady Shot

This one is for SV/MM:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill Command
/castsequence reset=2.52/combat/target !Auto Shot, Steady Shot
/castrandom Arcane Shot, multi-shot

I have these buttons mapped to my scroll wheel, so I just scroll away and the macro does the rest. I very rarely get any clipping nor do I get any hangups with Kill Command. Reminder, the MM/SV macro works better if you have a point or two into improved arcane shot. You should have 2 SV/MM macros - one with multi-shot and one without for CC purposes.

Thanks Rae for posting these up as well! To make one with out the Multi Shot what item needs to be removed? I'm bad at making macros so this is why I ask hehe Happy

The line that has the /castrandom - remove the ",multi-shot"

now with all of these macros going up... why isnt an arcane shot incorperated in with the BM stuff? because it does give you a little bit of a dps increase. and in Vashj I actually have to use arcane and multi when i am killing the elemental spawns on the steps. becasue if i dont then they will most likely get through. Just kinda wondering what your take was on that.

I have been useing the macro above but i am also maunally hitting the arcane and multi. Just to help clear that up .

Because with Beast Mastery, you get VERY close to a 2.0 cast speed which is the ideal 1:1 rotation of 1 Steady to 1 Auto Shot. With the auto shot "cast time" of .5 seconds and the Steady Shot cast time of 1.5 seconds, there just isn't enough space to insert an arcane shot without clipping shots.

Without the BM speed talent, you run a 1:1.5 or 3:2 rotation.

You only use Arcane shot as MM/SV. Not BM.

oh okay because right now my auto cast time is 2sec. and my steady is 1 sec. so i was just wondering.... so is there anything that can be done to get a higher DPS? becuase what i am seeing is that im not getting that high of dps like other hunter. I was just wondering if you might know anything on this.

and Thank you very very much! this is very helpful

#1 - Put blue quality gems in everything. You have one of the easiest classes to farm with. Spend the $.

#2 - The gem combos you want are as follows. Agil, hit/agil, agil/stam. Do NOT gem for crit or attack power. Use enough of the color combos to make the meta requirement and then gem for agil or agil/hit. Don't gem for a socket bonus unless the bonus is Agility. And even then, you're better off going straight agil.

#3 - Armor Penetration (much like sex) is only good in large amounts. And by large amounts, I'm talking near 1k armor pen. You're better off with a straight agil/stam/AP piece until you get more armor penetration.

#4 - Dump the stam on the boots and get dexterity or cat's swiftness. Dump the attack power on gloves and get agility. Agility is buffed by Kings. Attack power isn't. Agility gives attack power and crit. Attack power doesn't give crit.

#5 - Find weapons with agility on them. And then enchant them with more agility. No weapon should EVER be without an enchant, ever. Also, get exalted with the Scryers. Enchant the shoulders with the new enchant. Every little bit helps.

#6 - BM/MM Hit cap is 143. Get as close as possible without gimping other stats. Use +hit food if necessary. I'd say 140 is absolute minimum hit, 143 is better.

#7 - Consumables. Agility scrolls, Agility food, Agility potions (for non-progression nights where the chance of you dying is smaller). AP flask is great for progression nights. If you're on the sunwell island, use the righteous weapon coating. If you're anywhere else, use mana oil. if you have the ability to use drums of battle, use them every cooldown. Use haste potions as well. In a hasted environment, a 1:1 macro is advised. Give the pet the Str food. Make sure they get buffs as well. Don't use regular mana potions. Use fel mana potions.You get more bang for your buck out of them.

#8 - Bestial Wrath every cooldown. Don't save it. It IS ideal to BW during a bloodlust b/c not only you but your pet benefits. Same as drums of battle.

#9 - Hunters Mark. Mark every target that is getting dps'd. Only makes sense, at least right now, to have 1 hunter in the raid to have Imp Hunter's Mark. If you have it, it should be on every mob you're shooting. No exceptions. This not only increases your DPS, but every melee DPSer as well, including your pet.

#10 - Shots. Skip Aimed shot, skip serpent sting. Waste of time & waste of mana. Only use Aimed shot if you are Misdirecting something to a tank AND it's a stationary target BEFORE a fight. (Like Fathomlord or Morogrim.) Otherwise, any other shots will do fine.

#11 - Spec. Dump spirit bond and thick hide. Get 2/2 Imp Rez Pet and 2/2 Imp mend pet. As BM, a substantial part of your DPS, as well as your primary raid buff of Ferocious Inspiration, is dependent on your pet staying alive and well. If it dies, rez it at the first opportunity, heal it and send it back in.

Damn that was a mouthful.
Zenyatta25

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: