Faction : Horde
Race : Tauren
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Blood
Spec 2 : Unholy

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
Well I am 20 years old and have been playing MMOs for about 7 years now. Currently a college student majoring in Graphic Design.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
I was in an alliance guild back in the Burning Crusade by the name of Aegis which consisted of mostly real life friends. Sometime late in the expansion, the guild fell apart and I decided to reroll on the horde side come Wrath of the Lich King. I then joined the guild Nemesis. After a while, that guild fell apart as well. Then m friends from Aegis start talking about getting back together for Cataclysm, so I went back to the alliance to raid with them. We managed to clear about half of the current content until a little thing called RIFT stepped in and some people didn't want to be in Azeroth anymore. After 4.1 went live, I got my guild tabard and came back to the horde side. Now I am in search of a new home that will hopefully be more permanent.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I feel that most people nowadays just don't get it. They stand in bad stuff, run out of good stuff, and then MDPS will be wearing caster gear and will curse at you and call you a fat nerd. I like to set myself apart from this group by doing the opposite of what they are doing: being bad.

I can offer a half decent tank and maybe a good laugh or two when appropriate. I'm rather easy to get along with. I take criticism very easily, constructive or not. If I goof, I review what happened and fix it.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
1.) Staying positive, but not letting every little "oops" slip by.
2.) Being prepared to do your job(s) as needed.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I started playing in the Burning Crusade, so:

Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern - Cleared
Tempest Keep - Cleared
Zul'Aman - Cleared
Hyjal Summit - Cleared
Black Temple - Cleared
Sunwell Plateau - Cleared (post Wrath content patch. 3.0 or something.)

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxxramas 10/25 - Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 - Cleared
Eye of Eternity 10/25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10/25 - All but Yogg and Algalon
Trial of the Crusader 10/25 - Cleared
Trial of the Grand Crusader 10/25 - Beasts
Icecrown Citadel 10/25 - All but Sindragosa and the Lich King
Ruby Sanctum 10/25 - Nothing

Cataclysm:

Blackwing Descent - 4/6
The Bastion of Twilight - 2/4
Throne of the Four Winds - 0/2

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
I'm going to have to go with the Archimonde encounter. This was one of the more epic encounters. I feel that it was very well designed and fairly challenging, but not impossible. I especially loved when we brought some friends in to see the fight, but didn't tell them about him shooting everyone into the air then hearing like 6 people go ape shit over vent at once.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Skrinkles and Ashakai

Please provide a link to 1 or more World of Logs parses for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. If you do not have any parses please describe your DPS or healing "rotation" as best you can.:
No recent parses, unfortunately.

While tanking:

Single target: Put up diseases, Death Strike after being hit for quite a bit, Heart Strike, Rune Strike to dump Runic Power/generate threat.

Multi-target: Diseases, Pestilence, Death & Decay, alternate between Heart Strike and Blood Boil depending on how many mobs I am tanking.

While Dpsing:

Single target: Diseases, Scourge Strike/ Death & Decay, Festering Strike to refresh diseases, Death Coil when high on Runic Power, and Dark Transformation when able.

Multi-target: Diseases, Pestilence, Death & Decay/Scourge Strike, Blood Boil, and repeat.

We raid progression content Sunday through Wednesday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
No

Narivus
Initiate

re: APPROVED - App: Narivus - by Sabriell

Ran into him on my alt-warrior while doing a BC dungeon. He's pretty competent from what I saw. Didn't cause trouble, followed directions, and was enjoyable to play with. Your gear for tanking looks pretty good, but I'm far more interested in your DPS set. If you don't mind logging out so that I can see it, that would be great.

Oricolawle
Officer

I'll leave someone else to comment on DK specifics.

However, so you know right off the bat, we don't really need tanks, but tanking off sets are always appreciated. We always like to snag quality dps, but right now we're pretty melee heavy, and we have a lot of new recruits that are patiently waiting their turn to get onto the raiding roster.

If we have anything to offer, it will mostly be bench warming. How long? Can't really say. Patient, good people usually find their way into raids though.

EDIT: Missed this the first time around. You wouldn't be able to commit to our raiding times? What would your schedule look like?

Sabriell
Officer

Sabriell wrote:
EDIT: Missed this the first time around. You wouldn't be able to commit to our raiding times? What would your schedule look like?

Well I am getting a temporary summer job starting on May 16th and it will last until sometime in the middle of August when the Fall semester starts back up. I will be working nights in "four day shifts", so I will work for four days and then get four off and so on, so there would be some weeks where I could make 50-75% of the raids and then some weeks where I couldn't make any, unfortunately. But once summer ends, I will be back on a normal schedule and then I could make 100% of the raids.
Narivus
Initiate

Both his spec and glyphs are good, would also like to see your dps gear. But only thing I would change with your tanking set is don't reforge for hit, and keep avoidence and mastery stats.
Malor23
Casual

Malor23 wrote:
Both his spec and glyphs are good, would also like to see your dps gear. But only thing I would change with your tanking set is don't reforge for hit, and keep avoidence and mastery stats.

Yeah I've been meaning to change it so that I don't reforge for hit. The only reason I did was because I used to raid 10 mans and was on interrupt duty.

As for the DPS set, I did a bit of updating today. It still isn't quite as good as my tanking set, but it's getting there. Still have a couple of PVP pieces that I am hoping to replace with something from Zul'Gurub or Zul'Aman.
Narivus
Initiate

PvP pieces don't hurt as much as they used to in Wrath. In some cases they're actually better than PvE gear (Think top tier weapons, etc) since the DPS range is astronomical compared to non-heroic raid weapons.

I'm fine with letting you in on while you work on your gear. If you don't mind filling holes in the raids and have no issues bench warming as a possibility, assuming no holes open up, you're most welcome in. As Sab said, we have no issues promoting people who consistently show up and make a good effort at improving themselves. Let me know what you think and we'll go from there.

Oricolawle
Officer

Oricolawle wrote:
PvP pieces don't hurt as much as they used to in Wrath. In some cases they're actually better than PvE gear (Think top tier weapons, etc) since the DPS range is astronomical compared to non-heroic raid weapons.

Oh wow, well that's a relief.

Oricolawle wrote:
I'm fine with letting you in on while you work on your gear. If you don't mind filling holes in the raids and have no issues bench warming as a possibility, assuming no holes open up, you're most welcome in. As Sab said, we have no issues promoting people who consistently show up and make a good effort at improving themselves. Let me know what you think and we'll go from there.

Filling holes/bench warming is 100% okay with me, especially considering my upcoming schedule.
Narivus
Initiate

Works for us. Catch one of the officers online when you can for an invite. Look for myself, Oricolawle, Scragg, Sintax, Phyrea, Giaus, or Galvinias.

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum