re: Fire mages suck

Why? Our core mechanic is completely FUBAR

1/25/11 Atramedes:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0ktpwu0o71dxylp1/details/27/?s=5905&e=6420

TotalCritDamage = 3,499,891
ExpectedIgniteDamage = TotalCrit*(1+(0.4 + 0.4*0.3)) = 1,784,944
ActualIgniteDamage = 1,177,860
LostIgniteDamage = 607,084 or 34%

If you followed the link you'll see that Ignite is the #2 damage ability of a fire mage. I lost (607k/7.78m) ~= 8% of my total damage output on this encounter. I might be playing Frost next raid since it's only or 2 to 4% behind what Fire would be if ignite worked right.
neovolrath
Raider

Well technically combustion does not get the benefit of ignite thus making it:

3,219,919 total crit damage.

How are you calculating the ignite damage? Shouldn't it be just 40%?

Which should give us 1,287,968 total ignite damage.

So 110,108 lost ignite damage which is less then 1.5% of damage lost. Sucks but not as bad as 8%. I think the bigger problem is the fact then you ruin what should be very high dps combustion uses. Instead you waste your 2 min cd on some weak ass ignites.
2b
Raider

2b wrote:
How are you calculating the ignite damage? Shouldn't it be just 40%?

Mastery affects Ignite and my mastery bonus is at 30% so my Ignites deal 52% of the crit damage.

I was not 100% sure if Combustion could create an ignite, but taking your word that it doesn't, I agree that 3,219,919 the correct amount.

52% of that is ~1,674,358 so I lost 496,498 damage or 6.38% of my total output in this situation

As you mentioned, this bug also leads to my 2min CD being a crapshoot. I'm sure more damage was lost in this encounter due to Combusting a munched ignite but that would take too much log analysis to verify.

As an example, a 35k fireball crit would create an ignite that does 9100 per tick. If this ignite gets munched, I would lose 4550 damage per tick of Combustion. At 10 ticks, that's over 45k damage and I haven't even factored that Combustion ticks can crit...
neovolrath
Raider

Quote:
Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Fire
Ignite is no longer triggered from periodic critical effects.

I wonder what the net effect to mage DPS is as a result of this change. Seems to me it will help reduce the ignite munching but will be offset by missing ignite damage due to dots which we currently get. If it evens out great - then we'll be able to better time comubstion, impact, etc.

Vite
Vite
Raider

Weekend reading:

Forum Image

This book meticulously covers the history and application of the WoW fire mage law. In a nutshell, you learn that ignite applies only to direct critical effects and is no longer gained through periodic activities, such as damage over time.

The catch is, your raid leader probably submitted a document to the guild leader (under penalty of perjury) that states "dkp" was paid to you after lending damage "services" for unspecified raidboss-connected labor. Fortunately you can submit an amended document and declare that your damage meter was unjustly represented and compensation from your raid leader were paid to you for private critical hits, relieving you of all lack-of-ignite liability.

Read the book and the truth will be utterly clear. The vast majority of fire mage citizens have been lied to and ripped off for roughly 7 years...

Inside joke epic win.

haha

Randomfail
Raider

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: