Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Geofram -- Casual Raider Promotion Request

Name : Geofram
Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Undead
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Shadow

WoW Armory

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I'm a 22 year old full time student studying Computer Science at Virginia Tech. I grew up in a bakery and almost made a career out of it but started forgetting why I loved it so I left full time and now just do random jobs for friends in the business.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
No Remorse (Mannoroth & Lothar) -- Raided since the dawn of time, left shortly into TBC to play on Mannoroth again (CWAL Ops)
Paradigm Shift (Burning Blade) -- Came back to the game right before WotLK release, ran a fairly successful raiding guild past Ulduar.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):

I know the vibe of this guild, rarely ever clashing with the general populace. I'm not interested in DKP, or really getting gear in general. I just want to experience new content when I have the time and a spot is available.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:

I'm up to date on strategy guides well before the scheduled raid. I will communicate with officers to make sure the guild knows when and if I'm available as backup. I've got no problem stepping down if I'm under-performing, though I will always make sure that never happens.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:

Most of vanilla content, all of TBC content, all but Trial and ICC in WotLK. Hard modes for every thing but Ulduar (I stopped raiding before it was really viable for my guild)

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :

Vaelastrasz -- BWL
No Remorse worked on this boss for close to a month. It was intense and we got so close so many times. The fight was really awesome for rogues (my main at the time) and one night we stayed up until something like 3 AM and finally killed him. The explosion of cheers in Ventrilo has never been matched.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:

Simaan -- Rogue
Jeaine -- Mage

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :

Sorry, but I just don't have any as I've just come back to the game.

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
No.
Though I will try, my school and work schedule just don't allow me to persistently commit to that amount of time in one sitting. I'd like to, at most, raid once a week at the guild's convenience. I will always post my availability ASAP week(s) in advance and hopefully I can work out something with another regular raiding healer to relieve him/her when they know they will not be available.

Thank You!
-Zack
Geofram+

I do think it would be important to mention that once this semester is over (early May) I will find myself with a lot more time to play, possibly full time availability.

And I forgot to mention how awesome a fisherman I am. That's in-game of course.
Geofram+

Since I don't have any prior experience raiding with you, I'll defer any decisions to those that have.

*cough cough* Anyone from NR.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

Zack is great.

Just keep him away from his grandmother, his brother, sweet tea vodka, and the need to say anything very quickly and/or efficiently on vent.

No reason not to promote to casual raider.

Mmmmm sweet tea vodka. I can see it being a problem.

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: