Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Apathiee

The application submitted by Apathiee is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Apathie
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Unholy
Spec 2 : Blood

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I am 22 years old, and currently working on finishing my bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering. I live in Cleveland OH, and am currently involved in a summer internship.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
A few months after TOC came out, I took a break from WoW and then came back about 2 months ago. At that time I was the MT of a guild on Draenor that was horde 2nd. Currently, I am in Fallen, a 10 man guild. However, things are starting to get a bit stale, and I wish to move on to more challenging encounters.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
Competence should be the most prominent quality raiders should encompass. Being able to pick up new strategies and not make the same mistake consistently is necessary for success. I do not doubt my own competence, or my ability to preform at the top of my game every pull.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
As I said before, competence of the raiders, and not making the same mistake time and time again are key factors to a raid's success.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
Throughout BC, I did all the raid up to and including kalecgos. So far in wrath, I have done all the hardmodes in 10 man up to icc (including algalon,) and the most of the ulduar hard modes on 25, and two of the ToC hardmodes on 25. Keep in mind, this was a long time ago when these kills actually meant something :P

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
Firefighter! need I say more?

....Ok it was harder than algalon imo, and it presented the most challenging fight at the time.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Sympathi

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
I do not have any meters unfortunately, but the last ICC 25 I did, I did ~11k dps on Saurfang.

I can DPS as Unholy (pref), Frost, or Blood whichever is needed, and have a semi-decent tank set if ever needed to offtank something.

Armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Apathie

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Scruffyluvin

re: DECLINED - App: Apathiee - by Oricolawle

You're Engineering and use an EMP generator on your belt instead of a frag bomb? I honestly can't see 11k DPS in your current gear. If you could get us logs of your fights, or a recount screenshot, or anything that would allow us to quantify the information you provided... It would be most useful.

Oricolawle
Officer

The reason I don't have a frag bomb on my belt is because it is pretty much useless aside from pvp, and it also shares a cd with the saronite bombs, which are a legitimate dps increase since they are off the gcd. To be honest, I just wondered what the animation looked like for the EMP, and never bothered swapping back since I don't PVP. Aside from that, the next icc 25 I will be in is on monday, I will get a SS then. If you do not think I can do that kind of dps with my meager gear then prepare to be surprised :P
Scruffyluvin

You pulled 9100 in the Vault raid we just ran. It's not the best, not the worst, you're up on the higher end. I'm not entirely sure if we have a spot for another DK at the moment. If we take you, you face the possibility of being benched occasionally - and Shadowmourne is going directly to our main DK, since he's working on the shards and whatnot.

Oricolawle
Officer

http://s858.photobucket.com/albums/ab141/Apathiee/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_070810_135538.jpg

Here is the recount from said fight, keep in mind my gs is only 5700. With the 25% bonus, that would rough out to about 11300 dps in icc, hence my previous claim.
Scruffyluvin

We're completely unconcerned with "gear score". When applying, the only thing we care about is how well you know your class and how you're itemized. You can have an amazing "gear score" with top tier PvP items, which are worthless in a raid environment.

You're not bad at all, but we'll have to pass for now. We're not having attendance issues anymore, so if we took you, it wouldn't be fair to bench you for weeks at a time. Feel free to apply again in the future, and continue working on your gear. Happy

Best regards.

Oricolawle
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: