Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Solarge

The application submitted by Solarge is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Hopeyoudie
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Ret
Spec 2 : Holy

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I'm 22 years old and I am employed by myself, running my own new construction/home remodeling company. Been playing drums since I was 11 years old and its a huge part of my life. I also have two full sleeves and way too many other tattoos.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
Well, I should probably go ahead and state that in BC and most of WotLK my rogue, Solarge, was my main raiding toon. At that point I was in Underscore, until I absolutely couldnt tolerate most Alliance players anymore, then I came to horde. Hopeyoudie was a raider on alt nights.
Upon arriving on Horde side, I was a main raider in Slackers. An emergency business trip that took me away for 1week+ led to an understandable uncertainty on the part of Slackers officers, but my business has to stay on top and that was a one time thing. Afterwards I moved a few of my toons to Area 52 to play with friends and see what I could do over there.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
No matter the character or class, I always stay on EJ as well as other forums. I'm always up to date on whats the best for my class so that I can perform to the best of my ability and gear. I'm patient and have a willingness to help others when needed, equally, I'm willing to be helped when needed. With the occasional sarcasm, I keep a positive attitude towards to players both in guild, and those outside of guild, that deserve it. Oh yeah and I bring my own consumables

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
As far as guild raids go, I believe that a sense of "home" is a key to progressing as well as having fun while raiding. Having raid members keep up with their class, i.e. EJforums is essential to success, laziness is a disease. Discussion amongst RLs and raiders concerning the content and the best possible way to down the boss always makes the raid hours more productive when it comes down to it.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I began raiding near the end of BC so I'll keep it relevant to that.
Spotty progress in Ulduar due to the content being hit hard at the time.
5/5 ToC25
4/5 ToGC25, Damn Anub
10/12 ICC25, Lootship and Rotface Heroic kills

I should just state so its out on the table, Ive only progressed into the first 2 wings on my pally with a vast experience in ICC on Solarge, the reason that I feel this isnt completely fail to put in my app is that Ive put a great deal of time into both classes and the play styles and can honestly say that I perform extremely well with both because of the very similar playstyle, of course the difference is a FCFS rotation as ret.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
Hodir. Haha, I remember when Ulduar was on everyone's "Lets Win" list, I thought that the fight was a great test of a groups willingness to move when theyre told to move and jump when theyre told to jump. Challenging fights are always fun to me, not to say that facerolling high dps fights arent up there as well :)

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Solarge(80 Rogue) Area52 Horde
Patrollin(80 Shaman) Lothar Horde
Powerword(Priest) Lothar Horde

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
No current WoWLogs for this toon, as I've stated, Solarge was my main for the longest time, many Lothar players know him, including Oric. Sorry for this lack of info :/

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Hopeyoudie
Casual Raider

re: APPROVED - App: Solarge - by syntax53

Why can't you be a 270 average item level enhancement shaman?

But this application does look good and hopefully it gets a quick review. Gear could be better obviously but o well.

-Gec

I would like to add, Ashen Verdict ring choice is currently being tested, 400G and I will finally decide on what the best choice is given my current stats. If they made a pure hit ring, I would go for it...way too much hit, bleh

-Hope
Hopeyoudie
Casual Raider

Unfortunately at this time we will have to pass. Unless you want to be invited to guild solely as a friend. We need people who have experienced at least all of normal ICC.

Please check back with us at a later date when you have more experience.

Thank you.

Gwenevieve
Officer Alt

I disagree gwen. He's experienced the majority of Icecrown and from what he has provided he definitely knows his class. So I'm not really concerned with lack of experience.

The couple of bosses he is missing, one we are working with on Hardmode, and the other is just Arthas which we took a bunch of first timers through easily.

I will, however, point this out. Right now we already have a very good ret paladin raiding with us, so I can't say you would be getting a spot right off the bat, however, since it is summer and people like to take days off the chances of you coming in as a sub are high

Essentially what I'm saying is, don't expect a spot more than as a substitute right now. If that is fine with you get a hold of me, Serotonin, or Oricolawle in-game and we'll talk more with you.

I'll be around tonight, roughly 9 to 11pm server, depending on what time I get back from classes and going out with friends. If you get with Galv or Gwen first, they'll take care of you. If not, I'll get you in.

You've got Galv's approval, so consider yourself part of the team!

Oricolawle
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: