Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Ghazshakul

The application submitted by Ghazshakul is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Ghazshakul
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Undead
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Destruction
Spec 2 : Demonology

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
27 yr 2Lt in the USAF, working in the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson AFB. My hobbies are games (natch) books and techy stuff. I also like steampunk and anime.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
I was an officer, currently de facto guild master of Hallucination. This formerly respectable 25-man raiding guild has fallen on hard times and become totally stagnant. I am pursuing higher-ranked raiding guild membership to complete the ICC circuit, including achievements.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I am a strong Destruction warlock with nearly 6000 gearscore, and competitive dps ratings. I have a detailed knowledge of all raid battles in ICC, ToC, and Ulduar. I am extremely good at performing special duties in fights when needed. I have maxed tailoring with ALL epic patterns in my book, as well as maxed enchanting with nearly all recipes.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
A raid's success depends on three things: group members that are well-educated about their classes and roles, skilled execution of special mechanic requirements, and strong mental fortitude and dedication. Without these things, any raid group will fail to complete their objectives.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
I have completed nearly every raid from AQ to ICC, minus kills of the Lich King. I have accomplished The Twilight Zone for both 10 and 25 Obsidian Sanctum. I have accomplished Glory of The Ulduar Raider for 10man difficulty. I have some completion of hard mode fights in ToC 10 and 25, as well as completion of Gunship Battle in 10man ICC. I have several achievements from both 10 and 25 man ICC, including Once Bitten, Twice Shy (10), The Orb Whisperer (10 and 25), and Boned (10 and 25).

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
My favorite boss fight is Flame Leviathan. Tanks are fun! Okay in all seriousness, I think the overall best fight I've ever been in is Prof. Putricide. He encompasses some of every basic type of boss in the game: heavy movement / survival, timing, and dps racing. Plus, his lines are hilarious.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Daethalion (80 Deathknight)
Krahl (45 Hunter)
Baltres (43 Mage)

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5p7rw4bgknh5scxd/

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

re: APPROVED - App: Ghazshakul - by Sabriell

Your gear is good, experience fine. Only thing gear wise...you're a tailor, why aren't you using the embroidery on your cloak?

Why do you play destruction as your main spec? It's pretty widely accepted that affliction can put out more dps. Your gear is comparable to our warlocks, but you're behind a couple thousand dps, partly because of your spec.

Demonology would definitely be something we're interested in, how good is your experience with raiding as demo? Do you have any dps parses as demo?

One thing that scares me a bit about your demo spec is you didn't get Demonic Empowerment. Did you consciously do this, or just overlook it?

Sabriell
Officer

Sabriell wrote:
Your gear is good, experience fine. Only thing gear wise...you're a tailor, why aren't you using the embroidery on your cloak?

Why do you play destruction as your main spec? It's pretty widely accepted that affliction can put out more dps. Your gear is comparable to our warlocks, but you're behind a couple thousand dps, partly because of your spec.

Demonology would definitely be something we're interested in, how good is your experience with raiding as demo? Do you have any dps parses as demo?

One thing that scares me a bit about your demo spec is you didn't get Demonic Empowerment. Did you consciously do this, or just overlook it?

Every time I read these its like Sab is asking herself questions and its always humorous...
Urkthor
Casual

I don't use lightweave because the proc can (and often does) trigger of the auto self-healing effect of Fel Armor, which means I usually see it go off when I'm not even in combat. This makes it so unwieldy that the straight up haste buff seems more beneficial.

I prefer destruction mostly because I can put out a lot of damage within a short period of time with little buildup, not to mention the bonus of slow / stunners, ie conflagrate and shadowfury. These help me in situations where some CC is needed.

My demonology experience is fairly light, and as you've pointed out there may be issues with my talent development. I chose not to take demonic empowerment simply because at the time I couldn't work it into my rotations effectively. I should be at a level that would allow me to reintroduce it now, but overall I still have a ways to go before I can maximize my potential in that spec.

Thus far I've only pulled out my demon spec for the fights against Blood Princes and Blood Queen Lana'thel. I use it as my tank spec for Keleseth (although lately I've been questioning exactly how it's more useful than destro) and against Lana'thel chained soulfires as a vampire can crit up to almost 70,000, which is just awesome.

I'd be willing to make destro my main spec, but I would need some time and probably some assistance making it really effective.
Ghazshakul

A correction to the above: I'd be willing to make DEMO my main spec if necessary.

Urkthor wrote:
Every time I read these its like Sab is asking herself questions and its always humorous...

Meanie.

Sabriell
Officer

Ghaz, try to get with me in game. Either my paladin Sabriella, warlock Sabrielle, or hunter Mullo.

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: