View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2

re: So, I'm finally doing some upgrades....

syntax53 wrote:
A GTS 250 should be a noticeable difference over a 9500 but you can't really say you're going from 82 to 29 because you aren't going to be running the card at full speed.

What kind of framerates do you get in raids now? WoW tends to me more of a CPU and memory intensive game then it is video. Even with a GTX 260 and a 3.5GHz (OC'd from 2.8) Core i7 in my old box there were times I'd drop down to 30 frames or less during fights with a lot of stuff going on. Not saying 30 frames is bad, but that's a pretty good system which usually gets 100+ frames during not-so-heavy times. So if you're getting 10-20 frames now, upgrading only the video card may only net you an additional 5-10 frames. Though, only having 130 watt power supply may be part of your problem too. So upgrading that could get you some mroe too. It's hard to say.

I agree, my computer dips in FPS to ~30 on very AOE intense situations...that is with a 5870 and my i7...

Get a case, card, and PSU that will be future proof; when you want to upgrade something next time make it a CPU, MOBO, and RAM. Most likely those three things will be tied to one another...
Valran1828
Raider

re: So, I'm finally doing some upgrades....

Thanks for the input everyone, I really do appreciate it.

I'm gonna do just that, get the case, psu and video card to get the ball rolling, and I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the other things over the next couple months.

I think I'm gonna stick with the same case, but will probably go for a Corsair PSU, I'm seeing nothing but bad things with the Rosewill one I picked out. I'm probably gonna have to wait till the 2nd week of May for the video card though, and I'm still up in the air with that one.

Now to find out when I get my end of April bonus....

I'll be back when it's time for the other stuff!

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum