Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: ACCEPTED: >_<ThrashMetal>_<

The application submitted by >_<ThrashMetal>_< is as follows:

Quote:
Name : ThrashMetal
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Undead
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Fury
Spec 2 : Arms

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
My name is Jake, I'm 24, and I live in my basement playing WoW all day obviously. Now that I've got that out of my system, I prefer to keep my real life and WoW life apart from one another as much as I can. I work somewhat weird hours, but none that will interfere with raid times.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
Octavarium, Out of the Ashes, and currently Hallucination, to name a few. The reason I'm leaving Hallu is because I'm just generally sick of having a completely different roster (minus about 10 regulars) every week due to people constantly leaving, and yeah I know I'm only adding to the problem. Happy

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I'm a good player, learn fast.. oh wait.... I'm geared, know the fights, can put out the numbers needed, and show up about 99% of the time to raids. I'm not here to pick fights, start drama, or get phat purps and leave. I'm here to raid.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
Good players, good strats, and a willingness to mess up and fix it.

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
Cleared all of regular Ulduar 25 before ToC hit. Guild never showed interest in hardmodes.
Cleared all of regular ToC 25 pre-ICC including 3/5 HM.
Cleared the front 9/12 of ICC 25, and am currently smashing my face against BloodQueen 2 nights a week with no progress.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
Yogg-Saron. I just enjoyed the way this fight worked, going into his head and beating on his brain. Loved it.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Sorry about that alt codes in advance. alt 0226 â
Deâthmetâl
Enhânced
Other than those two just /who metal and if I'm online I'll show up.

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
Unfortunately I've never used any of these sites... and have a very basic understanding of them. I'm pretty sure the Guild Leader of Hallucination uses them, so my data may be out there somewhere if I knew where to look. :\

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Taïpan
Moneybags

WoL parses:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hb7zneyn2guyo5qc/sum/damageDone/?s=4797&e=5124

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v1cg6viv2agcf590/sum/damageDone/?s=3577&e=3866

Couple questions for you right off the bat:

You're over the expertise cap, why are you enchanting expertise on your wrists and gloves?

Your second trinket is showing as Titan Forged Rune of Determination. Is this your 2nd trinket for your pve set? If so, why? The Darkmoon Card is infinitely better and very easy to get.

Finally, looking for dps parses that you were in, I went back 4 weeks, and only found three reports. Were you not getting invited, or not available for raids?

Sabriell
Officer

WoL parses:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hb7zneyn2guyo5qc/sum/damageDone/?s=4797&e=5124

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v1cg6viv2agcf590/sum/damageDone/?s=3577&e=3866

Couple questions for you right off the bat:

You're over the expertise cap, why are you enchanting expertise on your wrists and gloves?

Your second trinket is showing as Titan Forged Rune of Determination. Is this your 2nd trinket for your pve set? If so, why? The Darkmoon Card is infinitely better and very easy to get.

Finally, looking for dps parses that you were in, I went back 4 weeks, and only found three reports. Were you not getting invited, or not available for raids?

I hadn't got around to fixing that enchant... and I prefer to be a little over cap rather than under it.

My second trinket is Whispering Fang Skull http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50342 Not sure why its displaying this way.

Recently I'd lost my interest in raiding due to constantly wiping on bosses for stupid avoidable reasons... So I have missed out on a few raid nights.

Hallu is also incredibly melee stacked, so early on I did not receive invites.

Oh and one night I was at my grandfathers birthday party, and lost track of time. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Nice DPS sheets!

Quote:
a willingness to mess up and fix it

Quote:
Recently I'd lost my interest in raiding due to constantly wiping on bosses for stupid avoidable reasons

From Looking at the webstats, the only bosses you haven't killed are Blood Queen (the dragon doesn't look attempted). Blood quees is purely a fight where if 1 important person dies it is a whipe and the fight is glichy as hell. So more wondering is the "mess up and fix it" mentality a willingness to learn or a "people dying for stupid reasons so I quit" Some fights 10 people can die and u win, other fights 1 person dies and you loose.

altarboy wrote:
Nice DPS sheets!

Quote:

Quote:
Recently I'd lost my interest in raiding due to constantly wiping on bosses for stupid avoidable reasons

From Looking at the webstats, the only bosses you haven't killed are Blood Queen (the dragon doesn't look attempted). Blood quees is purely a fight where if 1 important person dies it is a whipe and the fight is glichy as hell. So more wondering is the "mess up and fix it" mentality a willingness to learn or a "people dying for stupid reasons so I quit" Some fights 10 people can die and u win, other fights 1 person dies and you loose.

No more posting at 4am for you Altar, is this English? =P

Sabriell
Officer

altarboy wrote:
Nice DPS sheets!

Quote:

Quote:

Not exactly sure what you're saying/asking here... But I will clear up what I said before.

I know different fights are different. ;)

In Hallu they have this fun little tradition of wiping... and wiping... and wiping until they win due to RNG. Not trying to bash them, its just they never seem to want to find the problem and fix it, (at least this was my experience with them.) Blood-Queen in my opinion is somewhat of a simple fight, bite who you're told. Unfortunately this must be a more complicated task that I first thought... (stop me if I'm starting to sound elitist.)

All in all I just got sick of paying repair bills because someone didn't know who to bite, when to bite, whatever the case may be.
>_<ThrashMetal>_<
Casual

Quote:
No more posting at 4am for you Altar, is this English? =P

Lol, Sorry I was tired and on some epic flight from Winterspring to Ungoro.

Invited

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: