Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: Murukan

The application submitted by Murukan is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Murukan
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lothar
Level : 80
Faction : Horde
Race : Orc
Class : Shaman
Spec 1 : Elemental
Spec 2 : Enhance

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example.:
I am 28 years old and am in the Telecommunications Industry. I am married and have a house (my first one, yay!) in Maryland. My job is demanding, but fun at times. I use a Dell Inspiron and have a headset/mic to join in on vent discussions.

What previous guild were you a member of and why are you looking to change guilds?:
I started out in Icecrown, and transferred to Lothar to play with friends. I started out in a very casual guild that gave me my first taste of raiding. When they stopped, I went to Element of Fear for 25 man content. I ran with them until after three months of running 10's, I got into a 25 man with Tornado of Souls. I didn't realize how much I had missed running 25's! I quickly joined the ToS guild and have been there since. Reasons for considering a move include: several of my friends have since left to join other guilds, politics in ToS, and I'm hoping that Judgement will be a guild that I can stay with for a while.

What do you feel you can offer Judgement? Why should we pick you? (Please get creative. Do not write 1 sentence and do not write generic things like, "I'm a good player, learn fast, and I come with consumables."):
I have played a shaman since I started playing WoW. As I said before, it was very casual at first, but I've learned ALOT since I started raiding. I don't hold onto knowledge, and keep an open mind. I have played every spec, and am willing to switch depending on guild needs. I make friends quickly, and try to keep people together. You could say that I'm made of the sticky stuff that bonds teams together.

List one or two things that you think contributes most to a raid's success.:
1. Solid communication between the raid leader and the rest of the raid.
2. Willingness for each and every raid leader to accept that we're all human and prone to mistakes. If someone screws up, let them know, be willing to take that same criticism, and everyone learns from it.
3. Have FUN!

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. Be specific about your raiding accomplishments, including any hardmodes you've completed.:
Started playing back in BC, so I missed all of the Vanilla stuff. But I've raided 10 man Karazhan, 25 Gruul's layer.

WOTLK: I've completed Naxx 10/25, Malygos 10/25, OS 10/25, Ulduar 10/25 normal, 10 man hardmode. Still working on a few Ulduar hardmodes, but it's not my priority. ToC 10/25 normal. TOGC Tribute to Skill 10 man completed. Never ran TOGC 25 as the raid leader didn't feel like we needed to do it as a guild (don't ask I have no idea why).

ICC 10/25 I've completed the first wing, 2nd wing (not PP kill on 25), and the first bosses in the other wings.

What has been your favorite raid encounter you've faced and why? :
In Naxx - Thadius, and most of Karazhan from BC. Kara was a fun place in general, and it was my first raid. Had a really good time there with great people. I loved the entire zone.

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
Malstrom - Level 80 Demo Warlock
Lagniappe - Level 33 Pally

I don't play them very often because Murukan is my main.

Please provide any links from WWS / WoWMeterOnline / World of Logs parse for fights to assist us in better understanding your abilities. :
Sadly, I don't have any of these types of logs as my current guild doesn't run them. I can say that my DPS averages 7k depending on the encounter. Ele Shamans are kind of like turrets, and suffer from excessive movement (good example is being outside on Festergut).

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Taïpan
Moneybags

re: APPROVED - App: Murukan - by syntax53

Just wanted to say, feel free to contact me in game or via Vent conversation if needed. I'm available most nights (except for maybe Friday's). If you need me to go on a trial run prior to making a decision I completely understand, but need to know so I don't get saved.

Thanks for the consideration,
Muru
Murukan

If you're able to obtain a dps parse for us, it would be greatly appreciated. It's pretty simple to do yourself. Do /combatlog before your raid starts, and /combatlog again when it ends. Then you can go to worldoflogs.com or wowmeteronline.com to upload that log. Please post the report in your app if you're able to get into a raid in the next couple of days. I'll be in touch with you though.

Sabriell
Officer

Wow, never knew that it was that easy. I have a weekly ICC 10 run with some friends from various different guilds. If I can push it up to tonight I'll try to get that done.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Sorry for the anonymous post, didn't realize I had timed out...
Murukan

This is from a five man heroic, just testing it to see if you guys can actually view it.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1549100
Murukan

re: Murukan

I know Murukan, he's a good guy, good attitude.
Luscien
Raider

OMG Luscien!! Haven't seen you around in a while man, thought you were on a break.

Anyways, I got the WOM log done tonight, please let me know if you can't view it. Not sure what to do at that point, but we'll figure something out.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/1550160
Murukan

Invited

Sabriell
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Vault of the Approved All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: