Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: App: shockwavess

The application submitted by shockwavess is as follows:

Quote:
What is your main characters name, class and raiding spec?:
Shockwaves/Shaman/Elemental & Enhancement offspec

Tell us about yourself. How old are you and what do you do, for example:
My name is Reid. I am currently a doctoral candidate in music performance at FSU and am hoping to be finished this coming May. I play Professionally and during my off time i enjoy raiding, playing golf and cheering for my Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!!

Why are you looking to change guilds?:
I currently play and alliance shaman on Mal'ganis server. My guild was a very hardcore progression guild that lost some people due to the new transfer system. This caused us to merge with another guild have some of the same issues. The guild that mine merged with has an officer that plays my class and spec and i was for the most part bumped down to a raid standby position so that the officer could still raid. This pretty much sucked for me seeing as i am righ tnow ranked number one on malgains for ele shamans and 4th over all on the server. Hence why I'm looking for some change

What previous guild were you a member of?:
My previous guild was called Pro baddies, but since the merger is now known as Fused.

What are you looking for in a guild, and what do you think you offer to better our ranks?:
I am mostly looking for a fun raid environment where people take raid progression serious but at the same time are friends and in general get along. Im a pretty laid back guy and am usually happy as long as everyone is trying. I like to think that i know my class pretty well and can contribute in whatever way the guild wants me too. Generally i pull about 6.2 -6.8k dps on avg in 25 man raids. the highest i have ever seen was 8.8 in a 5 man heroic and on a test dummy acn get up to about 7.8 with burst dmg.

We raid progression content Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15pm to 10:30pm. Can you commit to 75% of that time?:
Yes

Describe your raiding experience and list the content you have completed. :
I started playing wow around the time that BT was being patched into the game and at that time my main was a hunter. I only raided everything up to SSC. Since WOTLK has come out i have cleared all content up to HM 25 toc. I am currently 3/5 on HM toc and have been working on twins. I have been leading my own HM ten man team and we have recieved 25 tribute chest on ten man the past three weeks....made ti with 48 attempts left last week. I also have been running a 3d burn on sarth with my ten man selling drakes for gold. I have done all the metas and am a proud owner of a rusted and iron bound drake.

Provide your WoW Armory link.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal%27Ganis&n=Shockwaves

List any alts that you play to help us in contacting you.:
My shaman is my only 80 and i put all my time into her when wowing. My hunters name is Airazor and is 73 and i have a lowbie lock named Motorboat that i sometimes mess around on. Also if i transfer i have a good friend that plays wow just for fun. She is a good friend and will most likely transfer with me. She doesn't raid except when she joins a pug and has been a herb and flask farmer for my former guilds. I would just like to know how friend ranks work in the guild because she will be coming with me. I cant leave her behind =). Also i have a few friends on this server and have a level 41 pally on this server named playbunnie. So if you are looking to talk to me i may even be online. I look forward o your remarks on my app and hope to hear from yall. Best of luck to you all in wow.

Taïpan
Moneybags

re: DECLINED - App: shockwavess - by syntax53

Sorry for the typos. with the app boxes being so small, it was very hard to proof read my app. Once again i apologize for the typos, i just read through it.
shockwavess

I give this app an A++.
Shamanananigan

All I have to say to this one is HOLY SHIT! THAT is some application!!! We've had some really amazing ones lately and that one blew my doors off. Screw the typos! You put some REAL effort into this and for that you should be applauded! Thank you. I also must add I can't get over the idea that someone so well geared from Mal'Ganis wants to come with us (not saying we're baddies). That alone is saying something for us being Mal'Ganis is the #1 server in the country housing some of the best players in North America.

I'm not an officer but I can answer the friend question you had. Friends are very welcome. We have casuals who play once in a while to once a year. We do invite them for things like 5 mans and some 10 mans if they're interested.

One thing though. We're a PvE server and for some, that's relaxing and comfortable while for others (especially those who came from PvP servers) it can be boring if you're used to going into the world with the intention of kicking some ass. I used to play on a PvP server and when I went back to PvE I found I was paranoid of the people around me. After some time, I found it to be a much more relaxing use of playtime when I wasn't stressed out and paranoid. Others thrive on that feeling so it's one thing to take note of. Beyond that, I believe an officer has to come in and discuss it. Good luck though because I know I'd love to have you with us!
Zenyatta25

I go to FSU as well. History major myself.

One of things I see is that when your guild merged with another you were on a standby position. if you came here, I'm afraid that is where you would start. We are very full on players right now, and I try to do a decent rotation, but it is hard.

I'd hate for you to spend money to come here only to have to sit anywhere from a week to months.

However, everytime I say that to an applicant it always seems to happen that one of our current raiders has an "accident" and stops playing, and thus the applicant gets the spot. I'm catching onto your tricks!

As for your friend? She'd be more than welcome. We enjoy having friends join the guild.

If you have any other questions feel free to post them, and I will do my best to answer.

i appreciate the comments to my app. If by chance you end up having an opening in your raid team, by all means please let me know. I hung out a little on lothar with my friend last night and i do enjoy the server. He is a raider in horde guild named Tyranny, and has mentioned that he might be able to find me a spot there. So i suppose i may check into that. I by no means wish to waste the guilds time if there is not room for another caster. I just noticed that you were looking for casters according to your website. I do apologize for any waste of time that i may have caused, and once again thank you for the kind words and quick responses.

Best
Reid

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Waste of time?! Absolutely not! You have quite possibly one of the best applications we have seen in a VERY long time. In fact I'd love to use this as a model if we have one. It's never a waste of time to try because if you don't how else would you know? If you do come to Lothar and join in Tyranny, we'd still love to do things with you.
Zenyatta25

Anonymous wrote:
I just noticed that you were looking for casters according to your website.

Yea, I suppose I should edit that. Though only a few weeks ago we were having attendance problems on certain days. Since we are facing/clearing new content at the moment people tend to show up. However, as the content becomes stale people find better and more important things to do and spots open up for new people.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Well thats a bummer. People should show up no matter what. Even if they have their gear, there are always others that could probably use some upgrades. Any how wish yall the best one more time, and if you do decide you have a spot look me up on Mal'ganis alliance! Happy Wowing

Best,
Shock

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Quote:
cheering for my Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!!

He's in. There is no reason for debate.
Morghane

Morghane wrote:
Quote:
cheering for my Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!!

He's in. There is no reason for debate.

I was waiting for this response. booo
Songi
Raider

declined solely due to the fact that we don't have an immediate full time raiding slot available and I believe that is what he is interested in.

Sintax
syntax53
Officer

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Judgement Forum Index -> Tomb of the Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: